I'm looking at buying a new amp and I can buy an Orange AD30HTC head, used, for €600.
The only thing is, that it's literally all my money and I'm not sure if it's worth it.
I play/will play a variety of stuff such as SRV, Rory Gallagher, Green Day, MCR, Slipknot, NIN, Vai etc. I know it's not a super heavy gain amp for the likes of Slipknot and CoB but a tubescreamer might help.

Basically, good idea or bad? Thanks!
Last edited by conor-figgy at Apr 10, 2011,
Well from a financial standpoint it might not be a good idea. Are you going to gig with it or just play it in your home? And no a AD30 with a tubescreamer will not give you slipknot like gain. Yes I know Jim Root uses the rockerverb in his rig but his tone sounds pretty awful to my ears unless you have played one and know its for sure what you want I wouldnt go forclosing your bank accounts to get one
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
Just for home use, atm. I've been searching for a versatile tube head for the past while and i've got no true ideas. I've looked at many, but youtube videos will only show so much.
Yeah I would definitely play one first. Unfortunately there really aren't any do it all amps that are a decent price. Try looking at blackstar, mostly the ht40 or 60. They have good cleans and the gain stages are fairly impressive for a $700 amp. I would link the metal videos of the amp but I'm on my phone. goodluck with your search
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.