How to know exactly when your playing something when you execute it perfectly..i dont mean a riff thats quite easy to hear with your ear...but im talking about a solo? how do you know you hit that note once instead of 2 times? How do you know you nail it one way or another?

By solo im talking about malmsteen type solos.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
short of asking mr malmsteen himself, you probably wont know, unless you slow the track down using some sort of software shizzle thats probably out there somewhere.

personally, i cba with perfecting stuff like that. just play what sounds right, and leave it at that.

peace \m/
you what with perfecting stuff like that??
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
you what with perfecting stuff like that??

thats what i was thinkin.

i guess you could record yourself playing it and listen back for mistakes
im not talking about mistakes, like how many times you play each note...if you did a solo that had a scale run how do you know you executed it perfectly instead of hitting a note twice and you only wanted to hit once? or vice versa going for any #amount of played notes?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Really when you're actually playing like that you don't "know" on a conscious level what you're doing; if you're really shredding it's all muscle memory so there's no real mental process going on. In terms of knowing if you've got it right or not... to be honest I don't think I can explain it, it comes with experience, you know how something feels when it's working, when you're getting it right, even if you're not absolutely conscious of your exact movements.

I don't know if anyone else has the same experience but that's how it seems to work for me, you can feel when something's going well or badly.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah, im wondering because im going for the perfection of the solos i already know now. but more importantly songs and solos in the future i was wondering if anyone had a method to prove accuracy not just hearing it, but by breaking technique down...i dont if that made sense but yeah.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Nope, the proof is in the listening unfortunately. No greater way of telling than that unless you want to slow down the audio or something.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If you hit a note twice when you were only supposed to hit it once, it would probably throw you off time.
good points have been made in this day in history on this thread, well done. thanks guys
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ih5g
if no-one hears the differnce, does it really matter?

Depends why you play. I play for myself so yes, it makes a lot of difference, but if you're just playing for other people then no and you probably shouldn't be shredding anyway.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Apr 10, 2011,
well yes, i play for myself too, accuracy matters a lot and this time around i really want to nail it into the ground hard.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
If you can play it perfectly at a lower tempo and build up to play it perfectly, all relaxed and synchronised, you will know you got it right.

The more you practice slowly and build up speed, the better you'll be able to hear fast passages of notes.

Never feel tense at all when playing.
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
im not talking about mistakes, like how many times you play each note...if you did a solo that had a scale run how do you know you executed it perfectly instead of hitting a note twice and you only wanted to hit once? or vice versa going for any #amount of played notes?

well if you hit a note more then in the original song, then that's kinda a mistake
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz