I rencently purchased a new guitar so I could always have one tuned 1/2 step down. I've been playing for about a year and a half. My old guitar is a stardard Strat. The guy at the guitar shop told me to use the Strat to tune a 1/2 step down because the neck is longer and it will work better. Then he told me not to leave it like that "forever" though. He said they aren't built to be tuned a 1/2 step down and eventually it will damage the guitar. Is this true? Has anyone heard of this problem? It's really not that big of a deal I guess, but I really like my Strat and don't want to mess it up. Thanks
no, the guy is apparantly not fully tarded, guitars dont get "built" for a certain tuning. I honestly dont know what he could have been referring to..

just dont use super slinkys or super light strings unless like playing wet noodles
He's wrong. Just get someone (that isn't him) to give the guitar a setup for E flat tuning and it'll be fine.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Just make sure you ajust the truss rod for the right reliefe in a flat tuning. That was it will play better
The guy at that shop is an idiot.A guitar could not care(like it can care in the first place) less about what it is tuned to.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
he obviously went full retard.

i just had my own conversation with a retarded gc worker. basically i came in and asked if he had any fretboard oil in stock. he replied 'whats fretboard oil'. im like
' its like a varnish... for fretboards'.
'why would fretboards need varnish?'
'to protect the wood from my sweaty fingers'
'your fretboard isn't protected'
'its just worn down'
'worn down? it sounds like there something wrong with your guitar. bring it in so i can look at it.'
'.... i'll be fine thanks'.

then i awkwardly backed away.
I am starting to wonder here.....varnish for a fretboard??Oil and varnish are not even close to the same thing so maybe he was giving correct answers to a misguided question.Or someone is being shellacked by a troll maybe??
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
I am starting to wonder here.....varnish for a fretboard??Oil and varnish are not even close to the same thing so maybe he was giving correct answers to a misguided question.Or someone is being shellacked by a troll maybe??

I'm curious how someone who knows enough about guitars to tell him to bring it in for a look would not know what fretboard oil is.. haha
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex