I work on a customer service desk in a shopping centre (or mall depending on your geographical persuasion) and get quite a few rude and angry customers. Usually just have to stand there and let them shout and scream until their bored and walk away.

Just wondered if anyone else deals with these kind of people in their job and how they keep themselves from punching abusive customers in the face, or any funny stories.
If you get a rude customer, stare at their forehead when you are talking to them.
Yeah dude i hate that shit. I work at a grocery store, and have to deal with that garbage every day. Pisses me off, i want to stab them
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
There's been quite a few awful ones at my work, but I've been lucky so far. The worst I've had was an old, bitter man. I asked if his receipt was okay in the bag, and he went on a big rant about how we probably do it on purpose so that people lose them and can't return their items.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Last edited by SRX700 at Apr 10, 2011,
I worked at Dick Smith Electronics for 3 yrs (Aussies and Kiwis will know the place), technology retail anyway. Yeah, we had this one bloke email head office saying that one of our staff was acting like he was 'from the streets of New York.' and that he was 'acting like a MMA fighter.'

So many lols were had.

Oh for the record, he was pissed because we wouldn't refund an mp3 player he bought 10 months ago.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
I'm afraid of people at cash registers.. but if I have to go there then I try not to be rude... I know some asshole people who do it on purpose. Just ignore 'em. I don't really have a real job... but I do sell my artwork. I get the occasional "I don't like the way you did this and this" but most people can appreciate the work I put into my art.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Quote by mike_anderson25
I worked at Dick Smith Electronics for 3 yrs (Aussies and Kiwis will know the place), technology retail anyway. Yeah, we had this one bloke email head office saying that one of our staff was acting like he was 'from the streets of New York.' and that he was 'acting like a MMA fighter.'

So many lols were had.

Oh for the record, he was pissed because we wouldn't refund an mp3 player he bought 10 months ago.

Yeah I work there too. I had a customer in that had a faulty home phone that was seven months out of warranty, and was pissed off that she was going to have to pay for it to be repaired. And this was a $79 dollar home phone.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Yeah I work there too. I had a customer in that had a faulty home phone that was seven months out of warranty, and was pissed off that she was going to have to pay for it to be repaired. And this was a $79 dollar home phone.

oh dude Panasonic or Uniden? I swear cordless phones and routers are the most unreliable pieces of tech known to man.

Well those and Acers....

- Rene Magritte
I work in a discount clothes store, so naturally we get some proper scum bags. I've had people shout at me because we say "who's next please" to call customers to us. I've had a customer make an official complaint because i didn't offer the option of paying with cash when she paid with her Debit Card.
Haha XD i worked in House of fraser for some time so you can imagine the kind of lower class people we had in there
I work at Domino's making pizza, and it's ridiculous how angry people get over this shit. I swear IQ tests should be required before people are allowed to order over the internet, because I've had more angry phone calls from people who fucked up their own order than anything else.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
I hate customers who talk on their phone. It's rude as shit.
And customers who need everything to be all about them.
And customers who get ahead of themselves and try handing you money before you've even totaled everything.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I work at Sears slangin' TVs. I had a customer who came in for a price match on a 50" LG 1080p plasma. When I told him I'd have to verify that the other store had it for that price, he flipped his shit. I mean really flipped out. Apparently I was supposed to just take his word for it.

He came within inches of my face and called me an idiot.

He's not allowed to come to Sears anymore

It also turns out that the price was for the 720p set So he was wrong lol
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by mtforever
I work at Sears slangin' TVs. I had a customer who came in for a price match on a 50" LG 1080p plasma. When I told him I'd have to verify that the other store had it for that price, he flipped his shit. I mean really flipped out. Apparently I was supposed to just take his word for it.

He came within inches of my face and called me an idiot.

He's not allowed to come to Sears anymore

It also turns out that the price was for the 720p set So he was wrong lol

ah those customers are always pure gold. My favourite was when I'd get asked to match some dodgy online only store which was selling a tv or laptop for like $300 below cost. The looks of disbelief when rejected were priceless.

- Rene Magritte
I work at Target in electronics. I cant believe some of the morons that come through. Yesterday, I had a guest come up with an item in his hand wondering if we carried it. After close examination, I had come to the conclusion that it was a AA battery.

WHAT KIND OF ****ING MORON ASKS IF WE CARRY BATTERIES?
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I work in Famous Footwear and almost everyday I have people act like children. The most obnoxious was, right now we have these surveys on the bottom of our reciepts that if you do them you get a $10 coupon for a $50 purchase. Well a lady demanded I do it for a $30 purchase, and I couldn't, if I put the coupon code in, it wouldn't have let me do it. Then she slapped a waiver we hand out that says if you text a number you get a coupon, and got mad that I wasn't accepting it as a coupon, she started getting in my face and that was just making me want her out of the store quicker. Then today we had a lady get mad at me because I couldn't answer her question immediately when I was on the phone and helping a person out at the same time, so I was clearly busy.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
The customer's who throw their money on the table when you've got your hand out to take it. Pisses me off something fierce. I do not have a contagious virus. One day i'm just going to throw their change on the table, see how they like it. One day...
Quote by mike_anderson25
ah those customers are always pure gold. My favourite was when I'd get asked to match some dodgy online only store which was selling a tv or laptop for like $300 below cost. The looks of disbelief when rejected were priceless.

I know. We'll only match local competitors, and they have to have it in stock.

We used to have one guy that would come in every week and offer me $300 for a $650 laptop. It's not a f**king flea market.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by lockwolf
I work at Target in electronics. I cant believe some of the morons that come through. Yesterday, I had a guest come up with an item in his hand wondering if we carried it. After close examination, I had come to the conclusion that it was a AA battery.

WHAT KIND OF ****ING MORON ASKS IF WE CARRY BATTERIES?

A guy came in yesterday and asked if we have food and drinks (we're a shoe store) and another guy called and asked if we carried undergarments (I can understand a little more than a ****ing meal). Also we have to greet everyone who comes in with "what brings you in today". Every. Damn. Customer. says "shoes" (or something we'd clearly not carry) and goes into a giggle fit. I want to rip their throats out.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
i was ushering at my school's play.
as i was leading a family to their seats i was shocked to find an guy and his son already there. his tickets were for way in the back and off to the side. he argued that he deserved to sit in the front middle where he was. he then said that i wasn't doing a good job and i was picking on him.
and i wasn't getting payed
Quote by penance3
The customer's who throw their money on the table when you've got your hand out to take it. Pisses me off something fierce. I do not have a contagious virus. One day i'm just going to throw their change on the table, see how they like it. One day...

I hate that the most. Conveys such arrogance and condescension. The epitome of disrespect.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
Quote by SRX700
I hate that the most. Conveys such arrogance and condescension. The epitome of disrespect.

Oh I don't know, while I agree that is disrespectful, for me the worst is when you get someone firing questions at you about particular products which he already knows the answer(s) to, all for the hope to catch you out so he can feel better about how far his head is wedged up his arse. So many times I've had some jumped up tosser with a smug grin on his face trying to trip me up with some technical question. Wankers.

- Rene Magritte
people think they can get away with more shit over the phone. no, I am not going to replace your $300 basket because one piece of fruit was smooshed. oh, you want to speak to a supervisor? guess what, bitch, I am one.

making coffee was so much easier. if a customer gets uppity you can just give them decaf. those were the days.
I work as a doorman/bouncer and you get them all, most of the time I tell them to watch there mouths or there gone, usually works.
I used to be a host/busser at a tea room about a year ago, and our main customers were these really old ladies. And the red hat ladies liked to hang out there a lot (Y'know, that group of old women who claim they're young at heart, but they're really just a bunch of bitches?) OH MY GAWD. Whenever the red hat ladies would come in, it was a race for who could go on break first, and who would get stuck catering to their every whim. They were rude, they never tipped, they demanded tables from opposite sides of the room to be pushed together-- they would even try to get customers who were already seated to give up their tables for them! I used to yell at the manager for not kicking them out, but since they were such regular customers, he wouldn't go for it. I'm so glad I don't work there anymore. Those ladies can yell at someone else!
Quote by mike_anderson25
Oh I don't know, while I agree that is disrespectful, for me the worst is when you get someone firing questions at you about particular products which he already knows the answer(s) to, all for the hope to catch you out so he can feel better about how far his head is wedged up his arse. So many times I've had some jumped up tosser with a smug grin on his face trying to trip me up with some technical question. Wankers.

I've never had that, but I only sell houseware type items.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
Quote by SRX700
I've never had that, but I only sell houseware type items.

Yeah I guess (or hope) that it would be limited to technology retailers or other speciality stores. Mind you, there's always one...

- Rene Magritte