I've just taken possesion of a nobody-in-particular's strat clone 3/4 size electric guitar. And having smallish hands, find playing it is somewhat more . . . easy, intuitive, quicker. Now remembering, for instance that the great JH had relatively large hands to wrap round his strat and give him some advantage would it be such a bad idea for more modest hand-sized guitarists to consider having a three quarter guitar instead of a full size?
Not necessarily, you'd have problems finding a high quality 3/4 sized guitar as they're typically considered starter/child guitars.
Quote by isaac_bandits
Who/What is JH?

Jimi Hendrix, I assume.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by mcjosh
Jimi Hendrix, I assume.

If it's not Jimi, I'm way confused.
A main difference between punk and pop-punk is that pop-punk vocalists can sing.
Quote by Amaseng
Not necessarily, you'd have problems finding a high quality 3/4 sized guitar as they're typically considered starter/child guitars.

I have to agree with that. I generally find something you pay 100 for won't be as good as even an epi les paul special II. Unless you can find a custom shop that will make you one you're better off adapting. Just takes time to get it better. I have smaller hands too its just working the muscles to do that.
I've a Taylor Big Baby which is a fantastic sounding 2/3 sized acoustic. It comes with a quality gig bag and is available in Left Handed model.

Well worth having a play if you see one in your local guitar store.
Gear: Fender Custom 3 Pickup Telecaster, Fender American Std Telecaster ('10 3burst), Fender Kurt Cobain Jag, Gibson Les Paul Std ('97 Honeyburst), Orange Tiny Terror HW + PPC112, Marshall JCM-1H, Vox Night Train NT15H, Fender Champ 600.
Seems like most would rather persevere with full size guitars even if their hands are not that large. I think ibanez make some 3/4 guitars which should be pretty reasonable. The cheepo guitar I picked up 'elevation' has, never-the-less, a straight neck both left and right and backwards and forwards so accurate sustainable tuning, and pleasant action, is possible. The pickups work OK but aren’t particularly impressive. Obviously to go on stage u'd need a cred guitar (I'd rather die than go on stage!) But for home jamming? I would point out again though that it really does seem a little easier to play.
just get a guitar will a smaller scale length.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Not necessarily three-quarter size, but shorter scale and narrow neck, definitely. (Rickenbacker 600 Series, anyone? Those things are TINY, yet they play and sound amazing. Epi Wilshires are nice too.)
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by ynys
I've just taken possesion of a nobody-in-particular's strat clone 3/4 size electric guitar. And having smallish hands, find playing it is somewhat more . . . easy, intuitive, quicker. Now remembering, for instance that the great JH had relatively large hands to wrap round his strat and give him some advantage would it be such a bad idea for more modest hand-sized guitarists to consider having a three quarter guitar instead of a full size?

3/4 guitars are hard to keep intonated.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Three quarter size guitars? A guitar the size of a quarter sounds hard to play. Why did you buy three of them?

Oh, wait...

You're better off getting a short scale or coping. Things like 3/4 size and left-handed make your options narrow down more and more in regards to guitar.
If they're for you then they're for you, but I don't think it's an advantage myself. Especially since I'm on the bigger side of the hand spectrum as it is.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I have a friend who buys squier strat 3/4's and replaces tuners, pickups, bridge, etc.. and they sound great. If they get set up properly and some decent equipment on them they can work.

I had an Ibanez Gio 3/4 for a bit and had a lot of tuning problems and ended up selling it. I have bigger hands so I found it uncomfortably small to play.