This probably belongs in customization or something, but I figure someone here should be able to answer my question.

I took apart a Squier strat which I'm currently sanding and painting. I had to completely gut it, so I had to disconnect the output jack from the potentiometers. Now there's only two wires that need to be soldered (when the time comes). I had marked them before I took it apart, but the solder melted the mark, so..

My question is; Which wire goes to which prong? Or does it even matter?

The top wire has a white cover on it, while the bottom wire is bare. The left prong is round and the right prong is more square shaped. The big thing sticking up is the output. (The picture is kind of blurry, so I just wanted to give a description.)

So, top wire to left prong or bottom wire to left prong? I looked up a few wiring diagrams, but I wasn't too confident. Any help would be appreciated.

Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
The uncoated wire should be the ground. If you have a digital tester, check to see which lead coming out of the jack is HOT, and then solder the white covered one to that pole.

Edit, I;m thinking its the right prong, but I'm not sure. Its been a while since I've had one of my squiers apart.
Quote by hawk5211
The uncoated wire should be the ground. If you have a digital tester, check to see which lead coming out of the jack is HOT, and then solder the white covered one to that pole.

Edit, I;m thinking its the right prong, but I'm not sure. Its been a while since I've had one of my squiers apart.

Okay, so take the jack plug it into an amp and then see which prong I get a signal out of? Easy enough. I'm new to electronics, to say the least.

I had figured the white wire was the active wire. So, I'm glad I at least got that right. Thanks, man.
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.