So I just got my income tax, and am on the market for a new guitar. I've narrowed it down to three choices. Godin Summit CT, ESP EC1000FM and the ESP EC1000T. And yes, I know, the EC's are part of the LTD line.

The Godin Summit CT has an Ebony Fingerboard, string-thru design and this fancy "HDR" switch, which sounds like a gimmick, but maybe a nice one. It has an SD Alinco 2 in the neck and '59 in the bridge position. --No locking tuners
The EC1000FM has rosewood fingerboard, a SD JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck, and locking tuners. I've heard some complaints about the neck being a bit uncomfortable on near the 24th fret though. And I dig the ablaone on it, even though some people seem to think it a bit janky.
The EC1000T has a rosewood fingerboard, SD Alnico 2 in the bridge + neck, and locking tuners again. This one being the heftier out of the two EC's, a goliath I'd suppose, traditional LP weight.

I don't realy like EMG's, so that option is out. I realy dig the sound of ebony fingerboards...I've always liked ESP's, Godin's sound nice...I'm really torn between these guitars, man. If anybody could provide some advice in regards to my situation, I'd appreciate it.

If it helps, I like to play heavy stuff. Inspired by everything from Led Zeppelin and Grand Funk Railroad, to Tool and Corrosion of Conformity. Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, and Alice in Chains, to Joe Bonamassa and Jim Suhler.
Last edited by GypsyJive at Apr 10, 2011,
Either of those ESPs will do you fine. Just not the Godin.
I like prog
I just so happen to have played all of these. They're all really comfortable in the neck, really smooth to play. But the Godin falls short on the HDR, at least form my expirience. Maybe there was something wrong with the one I played, but when I turned on the HDR, it turned the tone into mud and feedback. I'd personally say go for the EC1000T, it would suit your influneces better because it's based more towards a traditional Les Paul, and ESPs sound very different compared to normal LPs.
ESP.
and i don't even like ESP....
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Yeah, the Godin seemed a bit off from what I wanted, but I was really diggin' that fb.
Now to decide between the two ltds..
I have felt the taste of sound.
EC1000FM out of your choices. The JB/'59 combo is awesome.

Big fan of the EC series too. I think they feel and look great.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
EC1000FM all the way pall. LTD has a track record of descent quality and great sound.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Gold Top
Vox VT30
I think you're comparing apples to oranges on this one. But i would not pass up the Godin. I myself am going to pickup the summit ct soon. I had an LGX years ago and regret getting rid of it. Best playing guitar i ever had. I also have 2 LTD's. Check around if you really want the LTD, from what i hear, their quality control is lacking these days. You might be better off looking for an older one used. Maybe an 05, give or take a year or 2. But you really can't compare a Canadian/USA built guitar to the Korean factory guitars. Do yourself and favor and play all 3 if you can.
Quote by tdk24
I think you're comparing apples to oranges on this one. But i would not pass up the Godin. I myself am going to pickup the summit ct soon. I had an LGX years ago and regret getting rid of it. Best playing guitar i ever had. I also have 2 LTD's. Check around if you really want the LTD, from what i hear, their quality control is lacking these days. You might be better off looking for an older one used. Maybe an 05, give or take a year or 2. But you really can't compare a Canadian/USA built guitar to the Korean factory guitars. Do yourself and favor and play all 3 if you can.

The quality of their lower/mid-level guitars can be very inconsistent, but I have never played a poor -1000 model.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
I'd go with the Godin, I have owned 3 different ones and each of them has been flawless
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
godins are pretty awesome and underrated imo.

i have a "crappy" bottom line one and it sounds awesome and plays awesome, the only down side is the upper fret acsess