I'm part of a band (The Lizard Kings) and my other guitarist is GREAT he's like White Jimi Hendrix. I don't quite feel too good at my solos, so I need advice on how I can improve my solo making and sound. I wanna have my solos sound like Tony Iommi, (hence my username) so any guitarists reading this, please I need ALOT of advice because I wanna get better. and if you wanna check my band out, http://www.facebook.com/TheLizardKings

PLEASE JUST HELP ME WITH MY SOLOS!
are you in a doors cover band?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
If your looking to be able to improvise start off by taking some scales and just messing around with them, its not gonna come right away (atleast not for me). If you want to sound like iommi learn some stuff by him (It seems like you already have). You don't want to sound exactly like him though, you gotta just really get your own feel to it. I guarantee you most people would rather hear an original guitarist instead of a black sabbath rehash.

Good Luck
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by Swannie
are you in a doors cover band?

Lol no, I wanna change the name, Thats what I've been telling them we sound like.
Quote by soulsablaze
If your looking to be able to improvise start off by taking some scales and just messing around with them, its not gonna come right away (atleast not for me). If you want to sound like iommi learn some stuff by him (It seems like you already have). You don't want to sound exactly like him though, you gotta just really get your own feel to it. I guarantee you most people would rather hear an original guitarist instead of a black sabbath rehash.

Good Luck

Thanks a lot!
Quote by soulsablaze

Good Luck

Yea this.

And listening to his stuff over and over will make any solos you write sound like his as well. They won't be exact, but you can always hear influences.
well, what I would recommend is learning the minor pentatonic scale, in every position of course, so don't just learn the 1st position learn it all up and down the neck. then just improvise using only those notes in the scale over your favorite sabbath songs, you would have to find the key first. the first note of the minor pent scale is always the key. in my opinion i think the blues is the best way to learn how to solo because once you learn how to play the blues and solo over blues stuff. it makes so much easier to solo over more hard rockish stuff. but remember scales is a technique for soloing, but being good at it takes experience, heart, passion, and a good ear.
Since you're into Sabbath, maybe its wise to learn the minor pentatonic scale and recognise the Eminor Pentatonic being used in that particular solo, Its the first solo ive learnt and it gives you as far as i remember atleast 3 of the shapes.

Just google a scale finder and select Eminor pentatonic, and learn all of them up and down.