Page 1 of 146
Go Coyotes!!!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
He isn't even the best goalie of his era. You can't even call a goalie the best of all time because it isn't really possible to compare eras. He's one of the best goalies this era saw, sure. What you said originally, no.

Who the hell in the last 20 years was better than Brodeur?

Edit: inb4RayEmery
Quote by suckmahnuts
First

edit:^

Debatable:

and of course you can scroll up a few posts and take a gander upon god himself.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by eltyr18
Who the hell in the last 20 years was better than Brodeur?

Edit: inb4RayEmery

DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
i didnt know kayne west played goalie
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Da Hawks...barely snuck in and probably won't make it out of the first round :/ oh well. Go Hawks.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

edit:^

Debatable:

and of course you can scroll up a few posts and take a gander upon god himself.

Patrick Roy. GP 1029 W 551 GAA 2.54 S% .910 Winning percentage 53%
Martin Brodeur GP 1132 W 625 GAA 2.22 S% .913 Winning percentage 55%

You can not say one is better than the other at all. Only edge Roy has is 4 Stanley Cups to Brodeurs 3.
Stats are useless. Who has been more influential to the modern art of goaltending? Roy and it's not even close.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by eltyr18

You can not say one is better than the other at all. Only edge Roy has is 4 Stanley Cups to Brodeurs 3.

Roy was (probably) better. His numbers aren't exactly helped by the fact that he started in the mid 80s as compared to the mid 90s.

Pelle Lindbergh won the Vezina in '85 with a 3.02 GAA and .899 sv%.

Had Roy started at the same time as Brodeur I have to think his numbers would be better in almost every category.
canucks

cliche, but i think theyve got it goin on

possible upset by the Ducks
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by CaptainRon
Pretty sure the playoffs haven't started yet, champ.

The season is over. Time to talk about the playoffs.
Quote by eltyr18

Watch me. From what I saw growing up I would say that Roy was and is better than Brodeur. There is much more to hockey than stats eltyr. The stats don't even paint an accurate depiction of the situation, especially with a goalie. Goalie stats reflect just as much the team in front of the goalie and the system the team plays as they do the abilities of the goalie. If you mean to tell me Brodeur's stats haven't been heavily influenced by NJ hockey you are off your rocker (one example of the many I could find to discredit/manipulate stats, which I could do to flaunt Brodeur as well). Stating who is better in this case really is subjective as fuck, and to save the massive, annoying debate which will certainly happen I'll just say this. The uncertainty certainly proves my point. You can't even say that Brodeur is the best goalie in his era, yet alone all time.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by genghisgandhi
Get the **** out of here Boston. Your city is like the awkward girl at the party who thinks everyone loves her, but in reality nobody does.

Wrong country newbie.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Get the **** out of here Boston. Your city is like the awkward girl at the party who thinks everyone loves her, but in reality nobody does.

Pretty accurate actually.

Philly is like the guy that chugs a 12 pack, pukes on the lawn, hits on half the girls at the party, punches a guy in the face, and passes out naked in the street.
Quote by daytripper75
Had Roy started at the same time as Brodeur I have to think his numbers would be better in almost every category.

+1 to this. Also, Roy could carry a team by himself all the way to SC victory, and no one can deny it, where as people will argue that Brodeur had a system and players that excelled in that system to get him there.

Roy will always be better then Brodeur in my mind.

As for the events of the day and whats to come in the next week. On one hand, I'm happy the Canucks are facing the Hawks in the first round, because I think if they played LA or Dallas, they would dominate the play and not be battle hardened for whats to come. That said, going through the Hawks will be no cake walk. I still think they will win, and it will give them the boost and and confidence to go all the way.

In the east, Obviously I'm cheering for MTL, but I'll also be cheering for TB and WSH.

So, onward with our 1st round guesses?

East:
WSH
TB
PHI
MTL

West:
VAN
DET
SJ
ANA

Someone should link the NHL Bracket Challenge as soon as it's available on NHL.com
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Apr 10, 2011,
Quote by daytripper75
Pretty accurate actually.

Philly is like the guy that chugs a 12 pack, pukes on the lawn, hits on half the girls at the party, punches a guy in the face, and passes out naked in the street.

And Pittsburgh is the weird kid who got dragged there by his friend Buffalo.

New York is the cool dad who hosts the party and gives out condoms to all the kids there.
Quote by sharpshootr55
Go Pens!

Good luck to everyone's teams this year.

Good sportsmanship?

Get the fuck out of here

On Topic: Anaheim gonna lay out the booty raping come playoffs.