ok so the amp im think about getting a JCA 20 stack (or combo) would this be good for what i like to play *see list below*

Cleans; bluesy type feel to something like the into to "Simple Man" by lynyrd skynyrd
cleans are also very important to me.

lighter distortion; acdc type stuff, classic rock distorted blues (i dont mind using a pedal for the blues tho.

80's/ thrash; iron maiden, joe satriani Megadeth and my own style.

so basicly im going for the classic marshshall stack type stuff and a boost or a distortion pedal in there for some of my stuff.

Budget; hopefuly under $400 wanting under three (or as cheap i can) i am quite happy to go used.

Nearest city; peoria IL.

current guitar fender strat.

im also very willing to do upgrades also.

thanks in advance.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Last edited by rhino1957 at Apr 11, 2011,
i have the jca 20 stack it will do acdc, zepplin with no pedal easily. you will not get much clean tone however. still a great amp. hope this helps. ps the guitar i use is a epiphone sg 1966 edition
monday bump
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
anyone?
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I've play the jet city, it can do all those tone but I'd recommend getting a OD to booat the gain for the Thrash and 80's stuff, or even get a good dirt box like a MI Audio Crunchbox for the heavier sounds.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Peavey valveking. clean channel is pretty good and the dirt channel can get most of what you want with no help (and an overdrive will shore up the rest) $400 new and closer to 3 used.unlike many of the lower end tube amps t does have 2 separate channels with separate EQ sections.
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
I've play the jet city, it can do all those tone but I'd recommend getting a OD to booat the gain for the Thrash and 80's stuff, or even get a good dirt box like a MI Audio Crunchbox for the heavier sounds.

that almost exactly what i was thinking i should do.

@mobo i like how the valve king sounds but it doesnt get the thick sounds as well ok cleans imo
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
bump
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
tuesday bump
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
lets see......... um bump
Quote by bluestratplayer
Quote by Tanglewoodguit