I'm singing with my band in a few weeks for a relatively small outside gig, 50 people max. I've been considering running my mic straight through a 75-watt Line 6 Spider III

http://cgi.ebay.com/LINE-6-SPIDER-III-75-Watt-Mono-1-x-12-Combo-New-Box-/220766309135?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3366b28b0f

I practice with an old 25-watt Peavey and can barely be heard over the distorted guitars and loud drummer. I figured a 75-watt upgrade would be nice for the price, I'm running it through as clean (very minimal distortion/gain) and a bit of reverb. I want to sound decent but seeing as I'm not a solo acoustic player I'm not too terribly concerned with how I sound. A tad of graininess would actually be great.

The only thing I'm concerned with is blowing the amp. I've only blown one amp before with vocals and it was a 5-watt off-brand amp so thats a given.

All in all, would you guys recommend this? A keyboard/bass/PA is out of the question because i'm on a budget, and this is everything I need with the most power I can get.

Thanks
I'm a total n00b when it comes to PA...

Do i need a mixer if it's only vocals i'd be running through it?
And what is an example of a decent PA for less than $150 (that would be at least that powerful)?
I've ran vocals through a 75watt Spider and it works as well as you can hear the vocals and they're somewhat clear if you eq them properly, but I'm pretty sure they're not designed to process vocals. However, it's a shitty Spider and I don't care if it's ruined.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
no. you have to have a tube amp. only way to capture the tone you hear on your favorite cds. also consider having bareknuckles make you a voice box.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
no. you have to have a tube amp. only way to capture the tone you hear on your favorite cds. also consider having bareknuckles make you a voice box.

The hell you talking about? You use a bass amp!
Use a megaphone.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I know a PA requires at least twice the wattage of an amp, does a keyboard amp work the same way? Would a 75-watt keyboard amp be able to amplify vocals through a small show?