A good while back I started detecting some buzz on my strings, so I adjusted the truss road and for the most part things went back to normal -except for a distinct buzz when playing minor chords- and recently I find that I have to constantly tune my guitar DOWN.... Yeah, I know, usually they go the completely opposite way, but this happens after I leave my guitar sitting for a while (could be several hours or even days) I'll find that when tuning before I start practicing my strings are actually getting SHARP... worst of all sometimes even when I'm playing they'll go a bit on the higher end and I'll have to re-tune them.

Also I must mention that the guitar in question is a cheap starter-set Ibanez that I got about 4 years ago. So is this simply the result of poor craftsmanship on the guitar, a result of my tinkering with the truss rod or a completely separate problem? And of course, how could I fix this?
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Last edited by Jastul at Apr 10, 2011,
Which way did you turn the truss rod when you adjusted it, Clockwise or counter clockwise?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
well I loosened it so I guess counter clockwise, how would that affect cause the problem with my tuning?
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
how far did you turn it? Also have you changed the way you string your guitar? and is the weather changed dramatically since you changed the truss rod? i ask that one because cold temps can cause the strings to sharpen when left.
Well if the neck is overbowed it might effect the tuning/buzzing. As for the pitch getting higher... I don't even think physics work that way.

EDIT: The only thing I can think of, is if the neck is angled too far back, and overbowed, the tuning could slip higher, in which case, the guitar is pretty screwed.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at Apr 11, 2011,