sounds nice
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Meh. Not good enough to be exciting, not bad enough to be funny. But I did chuckle when he causally threw in the fact that people can't hear sound below 40Hz, because as hopefully most of us know, you've got to drop-tune an 8 string or something to get anything that low out of a guitar.
Well, it's good, it's just not...jump up screaming "I have found God!" and run out of your house to tell the world good. And I do like the fact that he doesn't shy away from cheap, unpopular amps. I don't know.
UHM... I've checked my hearing range in an electronics lab with an oscilloscope and I can hear 22Hz to 17kHz... The reality is more like most SYSTEMS can't deliver lower than 40Hz effectively (without LOTS of mud).

His clean tone is mediocre at best... very dry... the effects make it good in a late 80s early 90s "pretty production" kinda way, but not anything I'd want to strive for... I'll take a Fender (tube) amp with spring reverb or a straight Vox any day. The gain tone was surprisingly good, but I have to wonder how much of that is the gain and how much of it is the reverb and delay fooling us into hearing sustain and sensitivity that just isn't there. The best way to know if you've got a good clean or a good gain sound is if it sound that way WITHOUT chorus, or delay, or any big reverbs.

I mean, I agree with his tonal philosophy though. Which basically could be boiled down to:
1 - Don't let "the rules" or "the reputation" decide what you use - you decide and use your ears, not your eyes or the names on the gear!
2 - Sparkle and Thud, not Mud! (Which I have to agree with, so many guitarists in their obsession with the "low end" just make their guitars sound terrible and muddy).
Last edited by RadioMuse at Apr 11, 2011,