How do some of you guys bend 2 strings that are same fret. (Fourths? lol my theory is bads)

Im barring the strings with my finger and pulling them downward.... is this a bad habit?
Sometimes I do that with my first finger.

In general, I use two fingers. It's tough tho. Not my favorite technique.
Bending down or up doesn't really matter unless you're close to the high e or low E. Because then the string will move behind the neck. Barring the 2 notes may automatically cause one string to bend further than the other due to the curvature or our finger tips. Make sure you have a good grip on the strings to avoid this.
Quote by Thexbert
How do some of you guys bend 2 strings that are same fret. (Fourths? lol my theory is bads)

Im barring the strings with my finger and pulling them downward.... is this a bad habit?

That could be a major fourth, third, fifth in the bass, sixth in the bass, etc.

I think that's more or less how Paul Gilbert does double string bends. You have to use quite a bit of pressure. If I can, I like to use 2 fingers, but it depends on the context and circumstances.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
I almost exclusively use one finger, but I have big callously fingers. I'll use two if I'm coming into it from something else that would result in a two finger grip, or if I'm planning on coming out of it into some two finger thing.
Its actually quite easy to bend two strings on the same fret.

I know three techniques.
-Using your thumb and first finger. Use the thumb to pull and the first finger to push.
-Taking your middle finger and your ring finger and bend, with your ring finger push up harder
-With your hand, make the hand gesture ( metal/Rock on ) \m/ place your pink on the strings/frets you want to bend, use your first finger to mute the other strings, With a Floyd Rose Bridge, pull upwards

:] Enjoy.