okay, so here is where it starts. i have already built one amp that i bought as a kit (18w marshall) while not as pretty as i would imagine most of yours would be on here , it sounds killer, works great, and is dead silent. even with the volume dimed.

i need to finish picking up passive components, with the goal of having enough stuff on hand to build most of the amp minus a few things, which i would order on an as needed basis. and have a few questioins...

so far i have:

almost all of my resistors in. E12 all they way up from 1 ohm to 4.3M ohm, 50 of each. all 5% tolerance (which i have noticed is standard for most amps)

i have gotten a few Cornell Dubilier Radial dipped Mica caps in for most of the pF range. some of them only three though, the cheaper ones, ten of each in. all 5% tolerance.

here are a few questions,

how much does brand matter when it comes to caps? what values are common for axial and radial and ceramic.

would these be good enough for example:
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_81867_-1 $40 for a kit with a bunch of them.

they are not branded though which makes me a little nervous and i do not know what the tolerance is. they have kits like that for ceramic and axial.

where would be a good place to pick up a good assortment of caps? lets say i would like to lay out less than $150 on all of them. and have enough to build a few amps at a minimum.

how much does the cap brand impact tone, because i want to build as good as it gets on a reasonable price.

what do i need for switches? just mainly like Carling SPST? for the on off and standby off switches.

what do i need for jacks? i see in some schematics they use stereo in certain areas, but i dont' know why that is. should i just go with the tried and true switchcraft?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by diablomastabarb
Mouser.com has most, if not all, of what you're looking for.

i am looking for assortments, and they are just way too big and way too expensive.

and i don't even know really what i am looking for capacitor wise.

whether i need what range in mica, in polysterine, radial, ceramic, axial, etc. that is really what ineed the help with.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
you should get the bag of parts from small bear electronics

or check out triode electronics, watts tube audio, or hoffman amps.

they all sell pretty standard packs of parts.

Brands matter but not really that much for tube amps. Unless you really know a specific part you want to use it's not that big of a deal to just use the chinese parts.

After a while you can replace them with i guess the "correct" parts?

I know that Marshall used a lot of mallory caps, Fender used the blue molded mica cap.

If you want safe cheap bets...

Mallory 150s and Sprague 715p for caps.

They will cost more then a kit of assorted caps though.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam