Hey everyone,

Just finished mixing this cover of the FF7 Prelude. All the cover's I've seen have been guitars over backing tracks etc.. this one was all recorded by me. The harp part is a little shaky at the beginning but it was all done in one take and those arpeggios are a bitch. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIZptaHhY-U
You done the best game in the world proud! Good job man. Inspired me to go away and learn this one
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
nice cover man!!

great job!

also, awesome video game
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
as you said the first part is not so clean (it probably repels a lot of first time viewers), i know they are tricky arpeggios, u should work more on that. but after the first part, when the other instruments get in and you start playing shorter/simpler arpeggios it is really really enjoyable! congratulations!
Well, this is a great theme. Though I'd say this does need just a bit of work. Nothing really serious though. I can hear everything clear and overall it's played well and the tone is good. Though the arpeggios are, as pointed out, not the cleanest. Another thing that catches me is the inconsistent volume on the second guitar there. There's some parts where the picking is harder, it's kind of jolting actually. Seems like you were going for more attack, but it just doesn't sound quite as smooth as it could.

Like I say though, great cover. Personally I'd love to see you expand upon this more. Maybe some strings or choirs? Some completely original sections? VGM is just awesome.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26930399
Quote by CSMusic
Well, this is a great theme. Though I'd say this does need just a bit of work. Nothing really serious though. I can hear everything clear and overall it's played well and the tone is good. Though the arpeggios are, as pointed out, not the cleanest. Another thing that catches me is the inconsistent volume on the second guitar there. There's some parts where the picking is harder, it's kind of jolting actually. Seems like you were going for more attack, but it just doesn't sound quite as smooth as it could.

Like I say though, great cover. Personally I'd love to see you expand upon this more. Maybe some strings or choirs? Some completely original sections? VGM is just awesome.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26930399

Well this was actually just about a half day's work of recording and mixing, I just bought a recording interface and I wanted to see how well it worked. I'm still a little inexperienced in that domain, hence why the guitars are a little inconsistent in terms of volume. On the other hand I don't mind it so much, makes it more interesting to me. I'm thinking I might do a Metal Gear Solid rock cover since that is probably my favourite game of all time, then after that it'll be on to original music. I'll be posting more often here now since it's the summer, thanks for all the comments guys.
Quote by Necronomicon
Well this was actually just about a half day's work of recording and mixing, I just bought a recording interface and I wanted to see how well it worked. I'm still a little inexperienced in that domain, hence why the guitars are a little inconsistent in terms of volume. On the other hand I don't mind it so much, makes it more interesting to me. I'm thinking I might do a Metal Gear Solid rock cover since that is probably my favourite game of all time, then after that it'll be on to original music. I'll be posting more often here now since it's the summer, thanks for all the comments guys.

Metal Gear Solid rock? AWESOME