Its on my profile, mostly Jazz and Blues influences, and
Crit 4 crit! anything you want me to give a listen just post here
Thanks for the feedback in advance and hope you enjoy, its very chill and easy listening kind of a song.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/LaGrange/
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Great job, man. Your acoustic sounds really great. It's got a nice bossa feel to it. The drums need a bit of work though. I'd suggest listening to some bossa nova grooves to get an idea on how to improve it. As far as production goes, I would tighten up the reverb a bit in the guitar in the beginning and turn up the low end on the bass to round out the tone a bit. You don't usually hear pick noise at all in a latin recording, haha.

Hope you keep working on it.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1430834 C4C?
yeah the drum were just a sample that came with riffworks but im getting a drum program soon. and yeah good idea for the bass. it would be easy to remaster it. so thanks! ill crit that later tonight.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Progbass: Loved it! except the guitars just didn't cut or have any grit to them in the recording. Im sure if it was mastered better it would be great. I loved the guitar tone at the beggining though (if it was guitar? i think it was ) It sounded very chimy, but some of the slightly off beat notes made it exciting to listen and pay attention.

Johnny: Loved it except for the guitar tone before the solo, it sounded very Mid heavy and i would have just preferred a crunchier sound but the solo was very distinctive. and very represhing, what did you use for the whammy effect? cause i notice it had a warbly sound to it when you raised and lowered pitch. EDIT!: What did you use for drums? i need a new drum program.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
Quote by LaGrange
Progbass: Loved it! except the guitars just didn't cut or have any grit to them in the recording. Im sure if it was mastered better it would be great. I loved the guitar tone at the beggining though (if it was guitar? i think it was ) It sounded very chimy, but some of the slightly off beat notes made it exciting to listen and pay attention.

Johnny: Loved it except for the guitar tone before the solo, it sounded very Mid heavy and i would have just preferred a crunchier sound but the solo was very distinctive. and very represhing, what did you use for the whammy effect? cause i notice it had a warbly sound to it when you raised and lowered pitch. EDIT!: What did you use for drums? i need a new drum program.

yea the guitar during the breakdown or bridge whatever you call it did kind of jump out
and was mid heavy i think ur right it would sound better being a bit more crunchy for the verse cleans i used a twang reverb and marshall setting and just double tracked it with a vox ac 30 setting i made the solo was also done with a voxac30 setting and the whammy was from a digitech rp80 ive had for a few years
i made a preset and tracked it twice one with a slightly diff setting and then nudged the track so it was about 8ms out of sync with the other and panned them
i use addictive drums but realy thinking about switching over to somthing else i realy liked what ive heard from steven slate drums
Last edited by johnnycakes010 at Apr 11, 2011,
Hey buddy, how are you today?

So I'm going to review the song itself - not the sound quality and recording - cause that's just what I do

First of all, I really like the vibe of the song. There are some songs - especially instrumentals - that got no soul. You know they're just empty, and it's not the case here. It's an interesting song, I got into it on first listen, which is a pretty good score

I like that somehow it's not a surprising chord progression but it never gets boring, we can't get tired of it. I reaaallly like the vibe, I can almost feel the wind while listening to it (or is it the 90km/h wind outside?)

Being a fan of guitar, I probably liked it better than a drum fan or whatever, so +1 for being mostly a fantastic guitar work. We can hear you're confident in your playing in this track, it flows very well!

I like how it ends, and was glad to see there was no usual "closing chord" after the last lead part!

I really like instrumental, and it should stay that way, just in case you're struggling with the idea. Please write more material

:3

You can review my song there: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431159
DeadlySurprise.com