Poll: how should i do tell him?
Poll Options
View poll results: how should i do tell him?
get the f out fag!
7 15%
its just not working
18 38%
you suck at life you egotistical bitch!
1 2%
we dont need you anymore
1 2%
sry bro but we all agree that ur useless
4 9%
if u dont leave ill do ur sister
16 34%
Voters: 47.
so me and 4 other dudes are in a band. our screamer is a big doucher. he thinks were nothing with out him but he misses practice, does nothing, and wants everything to be about him. he has no talent whatsoever. the problem is 2 of us work with him daily and his P.A. and mics etc. are at my house (where we practice) so we cant just call him. we dont want to make him mad. ..... dont get me wrong hes a real shit head and i dont care about his feelings but hes the kinda guys to trash my shit before he leaves and plus 2 of us will still have to be around him. its not really my place to say something cuz i just joined but everyone else hates him too and there just too pussy to tell him so its falling on me. we already have his replacement and everything and we dont even tell him half the time we practice anymore (not that he would come any way). its time someone grew a pair. any suggestions on how i should go about this?
Don't tell him about practices, if he asks tiptoe around it. He'll eventually get bored, want his equipment back, give it back and all is settled.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by BOSSNTIME
our screamer is a big doucher.

Lawl.

Quote by BOSSNTIME
its time someone grew a pair.

Also, this. Just man up and talk to him, eh?
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
The non-practice disclosure would probably be simplest. Otherwise, tell him member a said they don't want him, then have member a say member b doesn't want him, and so on until he just leaves.

EDIT: Or just take his stuff to him and tell him it's not working out. If you really believe that he'll mess around, just let him know that if he's going to be sore about it that you won't hesitate to call police/**** his shit up as a band.
Quote by Lots O' FX
There's a guy named, I shit you not, Hunter Goldhammer. I have never met him, I only heard his name over the PA, but I assume he's a dwarf paladin.

Quote by skwelcher
I'm like the real life version of the socially awkward penguin.
Last edited by hippogasmo at Apr 11, 2011,
always be professional about kicking a member, there is no reason to ever act otherwise. you will always look like the bigger person that way.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Just tell him he's missed far too many rehearsals and you can't continue like that and give him back his gear and move on.

By the way if he finds out you've been using another singer behind his back he's likely to freak, and I wouldn't really blame him either. I'd keep that quiet if I were you
Kick him in the nads.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Pack up his PA and his mics. Drive them over to his house. Explain to him face-to-face that the band is looking for someone a bit more committed at this point, and with the amount of practices he's missing makes it clear he doesn't really want to be part of the band anyway. Thank him for his efforts in the band and use of his PA, shake his hand and leave.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I vote you take the above mentioned route: drive the PA to his house and tell him it's not working out because you need someone who is committed.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Quote by krypticguitar87
always be professional about kicking a member, there is no reason to ever act otherwise. you will always look like the bigger person that way.

This!

It's childish to dance around the subject, having separate practices, sneaking behind his back. Just take all his stuff back over to his place, like Alan mentioned, and just explain the situation.
Quote by scguitarking927
This!

It's childish to dance around the subject, having separate practices, sneaking behind his back. Just take all his stuff back over to his place, like Alan mentioned, and just explain the situation.

Only issue is, a screamer with a big ego probably isn't going to react very rationally.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
Only issue is, a screamer with a big ego probably isn't going to react very rationally.

That's why you get all the stuff over to his house and it all happens there. So you don't have a crazy lunatic that won't leave your house.

Usually people don't react that way in person. Most people talk all big, but don't follow through. Believe me, I've come across some pretty violent people in my profession and although some have gone absolutely crazy/threatening on the phone, they've never followed through with it.
Soundcloud
Quote by Hail

that doesn't change whether or not you should be professional. he looks immature and you still come out as the bigger person. and when you act totally professional, it becomes very difficult for him to tell a story that doesn't make him look way worse than you.

its a simple "here's your mic and pa (and whatever else is his), sorry it just isn't working out." then if he asks why or whatever just say "sorry dude you don't show up to practice enough and you are not pulling your weight."

you don't need to go any further than that, if he tries to he looks foolish, not you. and if fans or other bands ask, just explain that he just wasn't working out with the band, then change the subject. under no circumstances should you talk trash about him, even if he's trashing you guys, it makes you guys look more professional and other bands and fans will not listen to him, or at least give you more respect.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Alright man, this is how to do it, and I know from experience it works.
Disband!
That's right, you read correctly. Then in a few weeks time, get together again as a new band, leaving out the singer.
Works each time
Quote by the*doctor
Alright man, this is how to do it, and I know from experience it works.
Disband!
That's right, you read correctly. Then in a few weeks time, get together again as a new band, leaving out the singer.
Works each time

Or, as I like to call it, "pulling a Creed." They disband, then reform with a different singer and call themselves Alter Bridge. It actually works.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
Or, as I like to call it, "pulling a Creed." They disband, then reform with a different singer and call themselves Alter Bridge. It actually works.

Nice bump! It repeats the exact post before it, and explains what I like to call the "Pussy/Douche Move" excellently.
Soundcloud