Page 1 of 2
It adds to my happiness. Don't think one particular thing makes me happy.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Doesn't really make me happy, just chill out and play
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Playing gigs makes me happy, and me playing bass and guitar allows me to do that. But the actual act of playing is a hobby, and whilst I enjoy it, it'd be a pretty shallow life if the fact that I play guitar was what made me happy in life.

Owning a house, having a long term partner, having a good job, and having some great friends make me happy in life.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
It makes me happier, but im a generally unhappy person, which sucks.

To be honest, without music a few years ago, I would have offed myself
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
I am very glad that I picked up the guitar and everytime I come home and am in a bad mood and pick up my guitar and play some music, I already feel alot better. It definantly helps to keep me happy. It doesn't mean I'm quite happy every day as I tend to have a 1-2 bad day(s) about ever 2-3 weeks.
Like I said I'm very glad that I started playing guitar and studying music as it's among the best decisions I've made in my life.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
no. it keeps me busy. unfortunately, buying new guitars would make me happy. i like new things.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Playing guitar makes me happy. I play it in the morning before I leave for uni/work, and when I get home. It something that cheers me up no matter what, just the feeling of making music or playing along to music feels so right.
Quote by Riffofthebeast
hitler could have conquered the entire world if he just sent an assasin to every enemy country and have their leader assasinated
Well, it makes girls panties moist so yeah
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I get tremendous mood swings pretty frequently and playing the guitar helps me deal with my teenage angst.

Wouldn't say it makes me happy, though, just helps me cope.
Sometimes. I suppose what makes me happy about it is knowning that i'm fairly decent at something for once!
No.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Not 'happy in life', exactly. But I am happy sometimes when I think to myself, 'Damn, I can play the guitar!'
No, not really... Now I'm going to be thinking all day about what makes me happy in life... Screw it, I'm gonna go sleep instead...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
I never feel more at ease or comfortable with myself then when I am creating music...so yes It does help sustain some amount of happiness.
Yes it allows me to express how I'm feeling through music. Well I wouldn't suppose it makes me happy per se, but it's certainly a relief to sit down and play and create something through my emotions that's meaningful and tangible to me. Honestly glad I picked up the guitar though, cliched thing to say, but I'm not sure where I'd be without it, surely someplace worse.
I don't think asking yourself if things "make you happy" is a good idea, as if being constantly ecstatically happy is the only point of life. It's something I enjoy, it's worthwhile because it's a form of art, and it allows me to make music which is something I'm passionate about.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I doubt a hunk of wood with metal strings attached can bring true happiness.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G_bDIqHYiU
Watch the video....if it didn't before it sure as hell does now.
Please spread it around if you can.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
It doesn't make me happy. but it make me happier than if I didn't play.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
It's a nice hobby when I'm bored, but it only makes me actually happy when I'm really in the right mood to play, which is somewhat rare. Playing gigs, or even just jamming with other people, is fun though when I actually get to, but playing alone rarely makes me happy per se, it's just something to do.
Quote by rgrockr

Is that sarcasm? Music is just sound waves but that doesn't mean it can't bring happiness. A hunk of wood with strings can play that music.
The fact that I can have fun with it makes me happy. The fact that people are entirely oblivious to what I'm doing does not make me happy.
Quote by rgrockr

Love is just a change in the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain, leading to physical and hormonal changes to the body, but you can't say it doesn't bring you happiness.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Playing gigs and jamming with others makes me happy. Playing alone does basically nothing for me anymore.

I can no longer satisfy myself.
playing guitar feels more useless to me everyday...playing guitar in high school seemed awesome....early college it was still pretty neat....now i would rather do music production...which while consisting of guitar....the guitar playing isn't the part i look forward to the most....
Quote by 3074326
It adds to my happiness. Don't think one particular thing makes me happy.

Agreed

/thread
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

It makes me intensely happy at times, and intensely discomforted when without. Sometimes I crave playing it, or I'm feeling messed up or furious, and I can play it all out and return to normal. It's a bit like a drug to me at times.

Then there's the days when you pick it up, the timing's all wrong, and you feel like you can't play for shit. Oh well.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Page 1 of 2