I tuned my guitar to Drop C (CGCFAD) and am wondering what the chords shapes below are in that tuning. Can a chord generator website do this? I don't read music and need to tell my friends what the real names are for these chord shapes are:

D
Am
Dm
G
C
C +2
A

Thanks!

BB
You can't play open chords in a drop tuning because the low E string is 1 full step below the other strings. If you tuned your guitar to D standard (raised the low E string to a D), you would have:

C
Gm
Cm
F
B
B
G

Hope i helped.
Last edited by Naruto00121 at Apr 11, 2011,
I am not sure I fully get the question. If you play the shapes (E.g. G is 320033) of the listed chords in drop C, I believe you will be playing:

D -> C
Am -> Gm
Dm -> Cm
G -> F/D# (?)
C -> A#
C+2 -> A#+2 (?)
A -> G
D standard is DGCFAD, yes. That tuning is more suitable for chords than drop C, since the shapes will be exactly like in E standard. An example could be the F chord (G a whole step down):

In D standard:
D-3
A-3
F-0
C-0
G-2
D-3

In Drop C:
D-3
A-3
F-0
C-0
G-2
C-5
When you're playing dropped you'll be playing a bit simpler songs, your staple shapes will be these two (At least, they are mine :P):
C

Cm

Just move them arround for other chords, if you for example wanted a D , you'd just shift the C up like this:

I found you a site which can do chords in different tunings:
http://www.chorderator.com/
If you press more options you can give it the tuning.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4