Page 1 of 2
Hey folks.

I need to stop drinking alcohol when I go out with friends.

Reason being that I always, ALWAYS, end up doing stupid stuff while entoxicated and I always regret it the next morning, or week, even month after!

I really should stop.

However, I'm afraid of peer pressure.

So guys, how do I stop?
Rehab is for quitters
Quote by Yakult
Shooting mice is the equivalent to smoking weed: it's fun and seemingly harmless, but before you know it, you're shooting smack into every vein and murdering children left right and center.

GeEbZ.
How about, you, I don't know, learn to say no when people offer you a drink? Tell them to go fellate a catus if they start any peer pressure crap, as they are obviously incredibly awesome friends...
Ask for 5 shots of water at the bar, tell your friends it's vodka and then go through them in 10 seconds. They should understand if you don;t want to drink more after that.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Be thankful for not being able to say no TS.......you will never be raped in your life
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
your afraid of peer presure lol, quit being a bitch and man up and do it or dont do it
Last edited by mcamp1230 at Apr 11, 2011,
Quote by leeb rocks
Ask for 5 shots of water at the bar, tell your friends it's vodka and then go through them in 10 seconds. They should understand if you don;t want to drink more after that.

That's actually genius....
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Drink less, act drunk, avoid stupid happenings.

/

Make sure they drink so much that they can´t remember if you were drunk - then say yes, yes I were.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Umm how about you never quit and just learn to not be an idiot when you drink or marry a stripper then you'll have a awesome reason to quit
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

most of the time, i kick back a beer of two and just fake on with an empty beer bottle (yeah call me a pussy, but laughing at stupid people being drunk is waaaay more fun than being drunk yourself, actually)
LSD is a great cure for alcoholism, its far more effective than AA. Your friends prob won't peer pressure you if you do that. When I took acid, I just didn't want to drink anymore. I didn't like the sensation where you are out of your head, I preferred that fact acid made you think.
Last edited by nargoth at Apr 11, 2011,
Aren't you 20+ or so? you really should learn to control your intake. Binging is for kids and losers man.
Quote by nargoth
LSD is a great cure for alcoholism, its far more effective than AA. Your friends prob won't peer pressure you if you do that. When I took acid, I just didn't want to drink anymore. I didn't like the sensation where you are out of your head, I preferred that fact acid made you think.

The AA are shit, take about an hour to get to you
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
You can still drink, you just need to moderate it. If you're starting to feel a bit drunk then instead of getting another pint/short just get a coke or juice. Have another drink after and then another soft drink. Repeat until bar closes or you run out of money.
Quote by slash_GNR666
The AA are shit, take about an hour to get to you

Acid takes 20 minutes =P
Quote by nargoth

You must be, like, a doctor or something.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
You must be, like, a doctor or something.

I studied psychology
Get some balls and realize your friends don't control you. They shouldn't think any less of you.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Aren't you 20+ or so? you really should learn to control your intake. Binging is for kids and losers man.

I don't binge. I'll have, let's say 7 or 8 pints during a night out, and, what actually gets to me, are my emotions. I either get really sad and depressed, or really moody and angry. Which, in turn, ruins my night and other people's.

That's the real reason why I want to stop.

Also, I want to avoid whiskey dick...
My tip, stay away from Cider....and Stella, and Grolsch & Kronenburg & Peroni & anything vodka based....and sambuca....and deffinataly stay away from Jager!
Quote by nargoth
I studied psychology

Yet this is the second time I've seen you put LSD forward as a treatment for addiction, rather than trying less extreme methods first. I'm fully aware of the potential it has for treating addiction, but treating addiction with another drug is stupid if it isn't necessary.

EDIT: This isn't really aimed at you, TS, as I doubt you're an alcoholic anyhow.
Last edited by KeepOnRotting at Apr 11, 2011,
Quote by Philip_pepper
I don't binge. I'll have, let's say 7 or 8 pints during a night out, and, what actually gets to me, are my emotions. I either get really sad and depressed, or really moody and angry. Which, in turn, ruins my night and other people's.

That's the real reason why I want to stop.

Also, I want to avoid whiskey dick...

You sound like a real bundle of fun to be around

Can't help you with that though, personally I don't drink unless I'm already feeling happy (which you should at a party) and it'll just amplify that. Good times are had by all.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Yet this is the second time I've seen you put LSD forward as a treatment for addiction, rather than trying less extreme methods first. I'm fully aware of the potential it has for treating addiction, but treating addiction with another drug is stupid if it isn't necessary.

EDIT: This isn't really aimed at you, TS, as I doubt you're an alcoholic anyhow.

Aren't most ailments treated with drugs of some sort? Personally, if I was treating addiction and LSD was legal, I'd prescribe a small (say 25-50ug) dose of it first. Simply because it saves hours of therapy.
Quote by Philip_pepper

That's the real reason why I want to stop..

Then drinking not the problem you need to deal with your emotions
Go to a therapist or something man
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by nargoth
Aren't most ailments treated with drugs of some sort? Personally, if I was treating addiction and LSD was legal, I'd prescribe a small (say 25-50ug) dose of it first. Simply because it saves hours of therapy.

Drug treatments are generally for problems with brain chemistry, and they aren't cures.
Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Then drinking not the problem you need to deal with your emotions
Go to a therapist or something man

Emotions = chemical signals in brain
Alcohol interferes with your brain by suppressing chemical releases in your brain.
Oi! You! Put down that pint you slack-jawed urinal-breathed no-good-fer-nothin' oxygen-stealer!

You can thank me later.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by nargoth
Emotions = chemical signals in brain
Alcohol interferes with your brain by suppressing chemical releases in your brain.

Generally why it's a good idea to stop drinking, and not to mess with other drugs while you're trying to get back to normal.
Just tell them you're not into it anymore.

Lie if you have to. Say you've been to the doctor and he told you you could die next time you have a big night.

I'm quitting too. I had had half a litre of bourbon between 7:00 and 9:30 on saturday night, and than spent the rest of the night drinking at the pub. I got home at about midnight and passed out for a few hours and woke up needing to spew. I threw up all down my hallway because I was so drunk I couldn't find my bedroom door handle, and then my toilet door handle in the dark.

It took me until about 4:30 to clean it all up and clean it all off myself.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
What's the problem with his afraid?

and why is it off...?
poop
Page 1 of 2