basicly when i play theres wayyy to much bass in the sound
its really dull, have tried turning down the bass and foolin with the knobs
but i always end up sounding to drowned out by the bass or
completely hollow
i want it to be sharper and more up front more WHAM in your face
kind of protest the hero/Devil wears prada-y
my lead guitarist uses a line 6 spider so something along the lines of that
but less digtal

im running an ibanez rga32 (stock pick ups)
threw a Bethringer gmx210

i was also thinking about setting the amp to a half clean setting
then trying to even it out with my MT-2

any suggestions are welcome
from new pick ups to burn the amp and get a new one
behringer, ive tried them and they do have alot of bass... i sugesst getting a new amp or a good pedal
try cranking the mids and putting the bass at 2 or below. but a new amp wouldn't hurt either.
Make sure it's not setting on the floor.

Setting the speakers up on a table (or anything...) will reduce the bass.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Apr 11, 2011,
New speaker(s) may help to tighten it up. The Vox ADXXVT series has that same problem. Or get a new amp; I don't know how much money I'd put into a Behringer.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by BurstBucker Pro
Make sure it's not setting on the floor.

Setting the speakers up on a table (or anything...) will reduce the bass.

This.

I assume it is an open back combo, so also move it away from corners and walls.

Start with the tone knobs on 5 or half or 12 o'clock, and tweak from there.

Also, those are 10" speakers. Very easy to flub out with too much bass & low mids.

Note: a tone setting for a bedroom (quiet) setting and stage (loud) are not the same. You will need to adjust from one to the other.
Thanks guys i had it pressed right up against the wall and on the floor
adjusted the knobs to sounds wayyy better
still thinking about getting a new amp tho

any suggestions????? xP
Used mesa 2x12&used 5150 head
112 combo is made in china and sounds kinda weak compared to its u.s made counterparts
Quote by deepsal
Used mesa 2x12&used 5150 head
112 combo is made in china and sounds kinda weak compared to its u.s made counterparts

lolwut?

Where it's built does not affect the tone.The quality won't be the same and it can use a speaker upgrade though.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
lul,It has slight tonal differences
i had read it Somewhere maam
But i think it because of the speakers
getting the stuff i mentioned is better
Don't just go and get a new amp. Save up your money. Make the amp you have work the best for you by continuing to experiment and ask questions like this of these guys here. Take their answers and learn the ins and outs of getting the sounds you want. You should eventually be able to dial in any piece of gear to get a decent sound. Once you can do that you're ready to get a really great amp (and you'll have the money to do so by then), and with the skills you acquired, you'll be able to not just make it sound good, not just great...not even just amazing...but frickin' brilliant.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Quote by deepsal
lul,It has slight tonal differences
i had read it Somewhere maam
But i think it because of the speakers
getting the stuff i mentioned is better

Thats cause the circuitry in the combo is different from the head.
Also, a 112 will have a smaller cab attached. So it will naturally sound different.
IF a new amp is out of the question...Try some OD to brighten it up and a just a pinch of distortion...Clean Channel. Alot of the time our ear interprets overdrive as distortion.
You may not need distortion at all.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Apr 11, 2011,
Quote by rawkandrowl
Don't just go and get a new amp. Save up your money. Make the amp you have work the best for you by continuing to experiment and ask questions like this of these guys here. Take their answers and learn the ins and outs of getting the sounds you want. You should eventually be able to dial in any piece of gear to get a decent sound. Once you can do that you're ready to get a really great amp (and you'll have the money to do so by then), and with the skills you acquired, you'll be able to not just make it sound good, not just great...not even just amazing...but frickin' brilliant.

Holy inspiration speech O_O
this made me want to get out of bed and start playing around with my amp right now haha
but ill deffinatly take your advice i think i might of been jumping the gun on this one a bit
sense i dont have $700 lying around or anything
first thing in the morning im for sure going to hone in my dialing in abilities haha