I was wondering if it's possible to take a pack a 7 String pack, taking away the high E, and use the rest on a standard 6 string neck, body, and bridge. I understand some major adjustments will be needed, but I'm just wondering if it's possible.

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, comments on how retarded this question is, etc. xD
I started to feel really proud of the fact that I was gay even though I wasn't
- Kurt Cobain
Yes it's possible... but you can also try getting a thicker gauge strings... like 11's or 12's
I'm assuming you want to have a low B? or alternate tunning drop "_" tunning?
Well I'm going for Drop A (AEADF#B) but all the strings I have tried sound muddy after B flat. Maybe it's just the strings? (Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky, not sure on exact guages)
- Kurt Cobain
Last edited by death eater at Apr 11, 2011,
Quote by death eater
Well I'm going for Drop A (AEADF#B) but all the strings I have tried sound muddy after B flat. Maybe it's just the strings? (Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky, not sure on exact guages)

The problem is that thicker strings are going to give you a muddy sound. So you're not really going the right way about it if you don't want a muddy sound. The only real way to remove the mud and retain the tension is to have a guitar with a longer scale.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Nile play in Drop A with 24.75 scale guitars. Use a heavy set and you're fine.

I never said you couldn't do it, it's just that if you want a non-muddy tone then having really thick strings is not the way to go about it...
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Cleartone has a Drop C tuning set that has a .065 on the low end. I use them in Bb and they dont sound muddy at all. Also the set is specifically make for drop instead of standard so that the low string doesn't feel floppy compared to the rest. Also in suck low tunings you will probably have to ajust your EQ settings so get better clarity.
EQ is an easy fix, and thanks for the tips guys. I was just curious because I want a really low drop tuning that's not the popular. Hell if I could let's go Ab/G# :p
- Kurt Cobain