just seen this on notreble.com , looks awesome. anyone got any information on it? Found a couple of videos on youtube (dark matter audio) and want to know more... is it for sale in the US? when? looks like a proper piece of studio kit, might not need to buy another fx unit again (win!)

http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2011/04/09/dark-matter-audio-unveils-dma1-smart-audio-hub/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bassistscom+%28notreble.com%29&utm_content=Twitter
That is very impressive. It was only a matter of time before tablet computing entered the studio. I think coupling this with things like tenori-on style step sequencers will probably be the next evolution in home recording. This has really piqued my interest.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
totally agree, it looks a lot like an ipad, but IMHO ipad isn't decent for musicians, there's too much latency and the output is crap and theres no proper inputs. Looks like it's being released in September, lots of good stuff from the launch show - interesting vid here.... might be an early addition to the christmas list!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPjho5C3_5s
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Yet another thing that makes me feel getting a contract is becoming more and more useless by the day. Once I find a price and a UK distributor, it is mine.

Gone are the days when you needed a big budget studio and a record label to record and distribute your music. It's so easy to do at home now that pretty much anyone with a laptop and an idea can make it. This is a golden age of the musical entrepreneur and personally I love it.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.