http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/v-300.html

I'm mostly into Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Pantera, Testament, Death Angel and some other bands like SOAD, Black Tide, RHCP and Nirvana.

Will this guitar play good based on my tastes?

EDIT: How easy is playing flying V while sitting? And is 599 a good deal?
Last edited by OVER9000VIDEOS at Apr 11, 2011,
Your amp matters more for tone. What are you playing through?

Yes that guitar will work fine for thrash, actually it'll work great.
I would always play this thing in the "old school" rock standing position.
I played them before and realy the amp makes the tone in the end.

This guitar for 599€ is an investment you might be proud of later on.
But here you will most definitly need a new AMP to handle that much Thrash as possible.
As for an AMP try to get a Randall Tube or G3 AMP. Those were made for thrashing!!
The guitar would work great for Thrash. V's are easy to play sitting down if you put the guitar on your right knee in between the 2 points of the v. Kinda like a classical position. I play a Jackson RR and thats how i do it and it works for me.
V's are awkward to play sitting down. It's either got to go between the legs like a classical guitar with a knife attached, or you have to buy an "adapter" thing which fits on to mimic a normal style leg contour.

Or just be a man and stand up.

I haven't played it myself, but it does look alright - MAKE SURE YOU TRY BEFORE YOU BUY, you might find out you hate it.

(Remember, most of the tone comes from the amp.)
call me ziggy.
This guitar WOULD actually work awesome, It's an ESP right? I believe Metallica uses/has used ESP guitars. The amp does matter more though, so what's your current rig? And are you planning any changes?
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
Suggest you go try one or one with similar bridge. With all the downpicking in Thrash, you want to make sure that you are getting the type of bridge that you're more comfortable with while muting and downpicking. I know couple dudes that can play with FR bridge but not with a Tom like this or vice versa. But spec wise, this axe is made for METULZzLOLZ.
Last edited by The_Last_J at Apr 11, 2011,
When It comes to thrash or any kind of hard rock, heavy metal, or anything like that for that matter, you won't find anyone better than ESP. I like that guitar and everything about it. I say go for it.
I like prog
I'm using some of my dad's really old gig equipment from the 80's I can't seem to find the amp online, it's too old (it's a Peavey), but here is a video of my effects processor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_D_GkRf3D0

It sounds okay for thrash on my cheap Ibanez, my dad was more of a Led Zeppelin kind of guy. But from reading this thread I think I should invest in an amp too.

And the currency is Canadian.
I'd say grab a more strat shaped guitar, you CAN play a V sitting down, but it isn't that comfortable. I'd reccomend the H or M series personally, and probably grab a Roland Cube, very versatile little practice amp
Just put the wings over your upperleg(like they're clamping your leg) if you want to sit down.
I really enjoy this position more than sitting down with any other bodyshape ,that is when I decide to sit down for playing..
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/v-300.html

I'm mostly into Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Pantera, Testament, Death Angel and some other bands like SOAD, Black Tide, RHCP and Nirvana.

Will this guitar play good based on my tastes?

EDIT: How easy is playing flying V while sitting? And is 599 a good deal?

A flying V is very awkward to play while sitting. IN FACT, for 600? Seriously? NO Floyd Rose??? Go to guitar center, and u can get http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Razorback-DB-Killswitch-Electric-Guitar-105784888-i1519543.gc for 400 sticker (they have a deal that they match prices, so just do like 5 mins of research and I bet you could find one for 279 like i did) OR for like.. 550 sticker, get the Dean DB Razorback with a Floyd Rose! Flying V's aren't that practical for me because I like to sit down a lot and its a bit awkward to play while sitting. IF YOUR STUCK ON THAT, go get the Jackson JSRR30 It's brutal you'll love it (considering you like Flying Vs). And it's amazig for metal. Ofc, MY personal choice is the Dean DB Razorback, but to each his own..
Quote by NextDimebagDarr
A flying V is very awkward to play while sitting. IN FACT, for 600? Seriously? NO Floyd Rose??? Go to guitar center, and u can get http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Razorback-DB-Killswitch-Electric-Guitar-105784888-i1519543.gc for 400 sticker (they have a deal that they match prices, so just do like 5 mins of research and I bet you could find one for 279 like i did) OR for like.. 550 sticker, get the Dean DB Razorback with a Floyd Rose! Flying V's aren't that practical for me because I like to sit down a lot and its a bit awkward to play while sitting. IF YOUR STUCK ON THAT, go get the Jackson JSRR30 It's brutal you'll love it (considering you like Flying Vs). And it's amazig for metal. Ofc, MY personal choice is the Dean DB Razorback, but to each his own..

That is one ugly ass guitar bro.
Quote by NextDimebagDarr

wut

EDIT: not to the sitting thing, I agree they're awkward to play sitting down.

the "wut" is to the rest.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by NextDimebagDarr

Who said thrash metal needs to be played with a Floyd Rose ? Only the solo's need a tremolo, the rest comes down to your amp and some good old chuggin'.
megadeth doesnt use a trem so it isnt essential.
Last edited by losing battle at Apr 29, 2011,
That v would work great...its actually very close to mustaines old esp signature v.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220