Hey,
i've almost decided to buy a Blackstar HT-5 combo (or the upcoming HT-5R) with my Pod HD500...

Now i will be plugging my pod straight into the input of the amp at the clean channel...

PROBLEM: I wish to only use the clean sounds of the pod and use the distortion of the amp.

IS there a way to quickly bypass the POD and simultaneously turn on the lead channel of the amp????

would something like the Bigshot efx effects loop help? where I put the POD into ONE loop and the blackstar footswitch on the second loop with the Channel TWO switch on??

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/Guitars/Guitar-Amplifiers-Effects/Guitar-Effects/Guitar-Effects-Pedals/Router-Signal-Path-Pedal-Tuner/BigShot-EFX-Effects-Loop.site1sku153937000000000.sku
Look up 4CM (4 cable method). You can use both the amp models in the HD500 and the preamp distortion of the HT-5 in any configuration you like. I have a feeling that your decision to use only the distortion from the HT-5 and never use the amp models on the HD500 is a little premature. Plus the 4CM gives you the flexibility in ordering FX and the HT-5 preamp even if you don't use the HD500 amp models.

If it was me I would rather use the HD500 amp models than the HT-5 preamp. In fact I would save my money and just use a Vjr head over the HT-5 head and run clean. Although neither amp would be my choice, instead opting for a little more wattage. Like the Tweaker.
no it's not like i won't use the amp models on my pod at all.. it's just tht when i'm playing metal, i'd prefer the tube sound of the ht...
nah, don't want a higher wattage amp, as this one would work fine when mic'd/cab'd..

OKAY, so if i connect my pod via the 4CM method, will i be able to control the channels of the amp thru the POD itself??

Basically i want my signal to be divided into TWO chains as follows:

GUITAR - > 1. Blackstar HT-5 DRIVE CHANNEL
GUITAR - > 2. Pod HD500 thru the Blackstar HT-5 CLEAN CHANNEL

and i want the ability to quickly go from ONE chain to the OTHER..

ANY IDEAS?
AFAIK the HD500 doesn't have an output switch that can be used to switch channels on the amp. You should check it out since you have one.
Quote by ArSeNiK
no it's not like i won't use the amp models on my pod at all.. it's just tht when i'm playing metal, i'd prefer the tube sound of the ht...
nah, don't want a higher wattage amp, as this one would work fine when mic'd/cab'd..

OKAY, so if i connect my pod via the 4CM method, will i be able to control the channels of the amp thru the POD itself??

Basically i want my signal to be divided into TWO chains as follows:

GUITAR - > 1. Blackstar HT-5 DRIVE CHANNEL
GUITAR - > 2. Pod HD500 thru the Blackstar HT-5 CLEAN CHANNEL

and i want the ability to quickly go from ONE chain to the OTHER..

ANY IDEAS?

Its simple. Thats is how I run my evans, except I bypass the pod for clean instead of distortion as is your scenario. To do this you need to plug things in this way.

*guitar to pod.
*pod's send to amp input
*amp's send to pod's return
*pod's out to amp's return

What this will do is allow you to use your pods FXloop to control the signal path.

If you want the amps preamp turn on the pods loop, and turn off the amp simulation in your pod.

If you want to bypass the amp's preamp, turn off the loop and instead use the pods amp simulation.

If you play metal, however, I would use the pod's distortion over the blackstar. The reason I use this method is because for cleans nothing gets close to the Evans own clean channel, with that said I like to be able to switch on a high gain model on the pod for my metal sounds.