Ok, so my aim is to produce a non-cringe-worthy recording of my guitar through my computer. I'm sat here with my epiphone les paul standard, plugged into the head of my MG100hdfx (not plugged into the cab, don't know if this is the issue). I've got the line out of my head plugged into the mic jack on my computer. However, when i record using Magix Music Maker Premium v10, i get a very fuzzy, distorted compressed sound that is basically, not very nice to listen to. Does anyone know a way how i could get a clean sounding recording (I'm not planning on buying a mic anytime soon although i know this is a good alternative). I've heard a lot about "impulses" but i have little knowledge of what these are or how to use them. Tips please anyone?
It sounds like you're having trouble with the impedance. You might try the line-in input and adjust the level going in.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
you should try putting it in the line in computer jack
i had this problem too
Quote by Leon987
you should try putting it in the line in computer jack
i had this problem too

my laptop has no line in jack =(
i do this all the time with my computer don't use your amp at all use your pedals or what ever you have and then work on your settings ,you cant play it wide open but you can get some good recordings.
Quote by sammdahamm
Ok, so my aim is to produce a non-cringe-worthy recording of my guitar through my computer. I'm sat here with my epiphone les paul standard, plugged into the head of my MG100hdfx
there's your issue. using one of the worst amps in existence isn't an easy way to getting a great sound.

do this instead:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1131250