If anyone watched the butterfly effect or knows about time travelling, get in here because i'm very interested

What would happen, if every person on earth, time travelled backwards even if it was like a minute? would it cause mass mayhem, or would nothing change?
Quote by blue_strat
Nothing.

Time travel is impossible.

That's freaky, because the question made me go like "Woah" and I said it out loud, and my mum said exactly what you said.

...something to tell me?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Assuming time travel was possible, it would cause mayhem because there would be a metric ****load of time paradoxes.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Presumably everything would just move back a minute and continue as before.

Edit: I think if it were just a minute there would be a massive sense of deja vu, but beyond that shit would get crazy. Imagine a baby being born and then suddenly not being in front of your eyes.

edit 2: does everyone in the past also travel back in time or just everyone in the present? If they didn't that would get ****ing confusing. There would be double of everyone.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Last edited by frnzd at Apr 11, 2011,
All the gays would have sex.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by TheBurningFish
That's freaky, because the question made me go like "Woah" and I said it out loud, and my mum said exactly what you said.

...something to tell me?

Pull your trousers up.

ಠ_ಠ
Well if we assume time travel backwards is possible; nothing. Everything would just go back a minute.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
unless we're the forerunners of time, I would say it's safe to say that time travel is impossible... UNLESS! Hitler didn't commit suicide, he was killed by a time traveler! And Abe Lincoln! OMG! what if someone goes back in time and kills Adam and Eve?! or whoever you believe was the first person/people.
1st, there's not point if time traveling a minute back, cause a minute later we'll do it again and again....aka stuck in time.

2nd,and if we do travel back in time, what happens to the world? you just said all the people, all the stuff on this planet would stay intact i guess (?) and what will happen to that? That being said, we have to end up in another dimension (i know, sounds sci-fi, but what else is there to "explain" it with?). It's clusterf*ucking to think that there's a dimension or a countless parallel time continuums.
Quote by DeaThrash
1st, there's not point if time traveling a minute back, cause a minute later we'll do it again and again....aka stuck in time.

The man has a point. However that point a minute in the past would become cluttered with time travellers because every time we go forward people go back to that same point again.

AKA trillions of people would turn up a minute in the past at the same time. It's like if every time traveller could only turn up at one point in the past. They'd all therefore turn up at the same time.
Quote by babakkatt

LOUD NOISES
Last edited by frnzd at Apr 11, 2011,
Quote by Lateralus13
We are all time travelling at once. Moving through time at 1 second per second.

and you win the grand prize of most intelligent answer so far!
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
That would mean that in the world 1 minute ago, there would be twice as many people.

Also, if they travelled through time and not space, then they'd probably land somewhere in the earth's orbit, but not on earth itself, as it has not yet reached the position they started from.
Everyone would be trying to use their knowledge of the future to their advantage and then everything would be ALL f*cked up.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I time travelled once. I turned the clocks forward by an hour.

They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
That's one of the theories for the end of the universe actually. In some very very distant future (think billions of years), where time travel is possible and the end of humanity is imminent, everyone travels back to a certain time. This would happen an infinite number of times causing an infinite influx of people to the point that the universe couldn't handle it. Farfetched, yes; but it's one of the crazier theories.
Quote by ripple07
All the gays would have sex.

I have often thought about sexing myself if I could clone/time travel and have decided that I totally would.
Quote by blue_strat
Pull your trousers up.

ಠ_ಠ

("\ '' /").___..--' ' "`-._  
           `ಠ_ ಠ  )   `-.  (       ).`-.__.`) 
           (_Y_.)'    ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-' 
         _..`--'_. .-_/  /--'_.'  .'          
        (i l).-' '    ((i). '   ((!.-'
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Me and my friend were talking about time travel the other day, just for shits and giggles, when I came up with this.

If time travel were possible, then we would also have invented intergalactic space travel.

I know, you're thinking WTF?

If we moved back in time one minute, we would presumably stay in the same place. The earth is moving at roughly 67000 miles per hour around the sun. That means that to move back in time one minute we would also have to travel about 1100 miles. And thats just one minute. If you go back by a whole day, you have to travel through space 1608000 miles. And thats not even taking into effect the fact that the solar system is moving, or that the galaxy itself is moving.

So to answer your question, if everyone moved back in time one minute, most people would appear 1100 miles into earths crust, or maybe 1100 miles above the ground. The lucky ones would move 1100 miles along the surface of the earth. Although theres also the possibility they pop up in the same space being taken up by a mountain, or a grand piano, or in the grossest possibility, another person.
Quote by gsd65
That's one of the theories for the end of the universe actually. In some very very distant future (think billions of years), where time travel is possible and the end of humanity is imminent, everyone travels back to a certain time. This would happen an infinite number of times causing an infinite influx of people to the point that the universe couldn't handle it. Farfetched, yes; but it's one of the crazier theories.

Precisely.
Quote by babakkatt

LOUD NOISES
Quote by blue_strat
Nothing.

No, backwards time travel may be impossible. Forward time travel exists. In order to travel forward in time, you just need to move at extreme speeds. A few seconds at the speed of light in a rocket ship would be a few years on Earth. In fact, there is a world record for traveling furthest in the future which goes to Russian cosmonaut, Sergei Avdeyev who is 0.02 seconds in the future.

Backwards time travel is a bit different and involves different possibilities. It could work as if time travel backwards to a moment only reverses time and doesn't take you out of your place making it a looping destiny. It could work as if you create a paradox, screwing up everything. But the other possibility involves parallel universes in which when you travel backwards in time, you leave your universe into an exact parallel universe. You can't cause a paradox because you are not in your universe, just an exact copy of it, down to the smallest particles. Basically the river of time splits or forks and you take the path in the other direction.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Realistically, that would mean a whole new level of overpopulation. In terms of something similar to the Butterfly Effect, the present day would be 100% FUBAR. Everyone would be struggling to fix the mistakes of the past which would undoubtedly f ck up the time that they came from.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
The first thing we need to consider are the paradoxical implications of said time travel. Time travel in and of itself is a paradox, and depending on how you set the rules, different outcomes will happen.

For instance, does traveling backwards in time and doing something (let's say killing someone) alter the present, or does it allow the present to happen?

Basically, time travel is physically impossible, so it's useless to talk about. Have fun being stoned though.
Quote by SirenOfTitan

So to answer your question, if everyone moved back in time one minute, most people would appear 1100 miles into earths crust, or maybe 1100 miles above the ground. The lucky ones would move 1100 miles along the surface of the earth. Although theres also the possibility they pop up in the same space being taken up by a mountain, or a grand piano, or in the grossest possibility, another person.

This makes sense, a lot of sense
@TS

(Invalid img)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by SirenOfTitan
Me and my friend were talking about time travel the other day, just for shits and giggles, when I came up with this.

If time travel were possible, then we would also have invented intergalactic space travel.

I know, you're thinking WTF?

If we moved back in time one minute, we would presumably stay in the same place. The earth is moving at roughly 67000 miles per hour around the sun. That means that to move back in time one minute we would also have to travel about 1100 miles. And thats just one minute. If you go back by a whole day, you have to travel through space 1608000 miles. And thats not even taking into effect the fact that the solar system is moving, or that the galaxy itself is moving.

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't travel back in time so...nothing.
You can travel forward in time though, technically. Look up the article by Stephen Hawking explaining it.
Quote by blue_strat
Nothing.

Because fuck Doctor Who, thats why.
If I traveled back one minute in time it would be another day. Eat that Skynet.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash