Page 1 of 2
Huh?:

A Seattle Elementary school has renamed Easter eggs "Spring Spheres" so as to not offend an, as yet, unnamed group of students.

Now, personally, I don't know why a bunny delivers Easter eggs, and I certainly don't believe in such a thing, but I certainly don't find it offensive to me. And here's another idea: if you don't want to call eggs "Easter eggs," why don't you just call them "eggs?"

Great. The recession is even hitting the Easter Bunny/Spring Oryctolagus cuniculus.
They're not even spheres...
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
I would love to know who this is offending. People just enjoy buzzwords and hand-holding so much they assume everyone is ready to sue at every second or something.

How about making them out of something that doesn't offend diabetics and people who dislike chocolate, too? assholes.
Theres probably more to this story than they are telling us, hell, the website even admits they have a conservative bias.

Remember that whole "baa baa rainbow sheep" thing? That was rectified in a few days.
Um, this isn't about the recession.

Its about people not wanting Christianity in their kids schools, and the kids wanting to give out candy.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
the politic correct tools are ****ing with Easter now? that's going too far. Jesus died so we could get those eggs every spring. damn man, that's seriously ****ed up.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I hate stupid overly sensitive people
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Sounds like something from a nature based spin off of Dragon Ball Z.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Only in america
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Glad they're not teaching me maths
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There's political correctness for ya.

Also, all points on the surface of a sphere are equidistant from the center. A chicken egg does not fit this definition.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Well, in fairness, Easter eggs and the Easter bunny and all that have pretty much fuck all to do with the Christian festival of Easter anyway, may as well rename them.

But Spring Spheres...?
Quote by Strat007

Also, all points on the surface of a sphere are equidistant from the center. A chicken egg does not fit this definition.

But "spring ellipticals" just doesn't have the same feel to it.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Strat007

That's part of why it's so damn funny. It's very fitting. It's all just so mind-numbingly retarded. And hilarious lol.
We're only strays.
I walked into Tim Hortons once and noticed they had gingerbread men in a rack labelled "Gingerbread Figures."
Get in the whale sling!
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I love the newfies.

Quote by SteveHouse
Newfies, everywhere

Newfoundlanders of UG!
UG Drum Forum!

"If you sig it, they will come...."
all i can say is WOW, what's next are they gunna change the Easter Bunny's name because they think its offensive to rodents?
Quote by doomded
Um, this isn't about the recession.

Its about people not wanting Christianity in their kids schools, and the kids wanting to give out candy.

Wtf does the easter bunny and easter eggs have to do with Christianity though?
Quote by 23dannybhoy23
Well, in fairness, Easter eggs and the Easter bunny and all that have pretty much fuck all to do with the Christian festival of Easter anyway, may as well rename them.

But Spring Spheres...?

+1

actually maybe they're being quite clever, and following on from the easter bunny's rather sketchy knowledge of biology with some sketchy mathematical knowledge?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jagershlag
all i can say is WOW, what's next are they gunna change the Spring Varmint's name because they think its offensive to rodents?

*Fixed so you don't offend anyone
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Quote by Alex Vik
Wtf does the easter bunny and easter eggs have to do with Christianity though?

Exactly this.
Last edited by guitaristren at Apr 11, 2011,
uuuuuhh..............................

no
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Well I could see how easter eggs could offend certain people. Since they're left by the reincarnation of Jesus.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I fail to see who 'Easter eggs' offend. I mean the only people who have them are kids, and children give less shit about metaphysics that Lady Gaga does about being inconspicuous.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
eggs are more ovoid than spherical. they can change the name all they want, they're still fuckin' Easter eggs.
They shouldn't be celebrating a religious holiday in a school anyway in my opinion.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
They shouldn't be celebrating a religious holiday in a school anyway in my opinion.

Agreed in principle.

In practice, though, if they cut religious holidays do you think they'll give us other holidays in return?

I doubt it. I want my holidays
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Agreed in principle.

In practice, though, if they cut religious holidays do you think they'll give us other holidays in return?

I doubt it. I want my holidays

I have no problem with time off, but celebrating the holidays in school is my problem.

S A D B O Y S
if you're off how are they celebrating them in school?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you're off how are they celebrating them in school?

I mean things like nativity plays etc.

S A D B O Y S
oh yeah

ach i mean that doesn't really annoy me all that much. I mean there are way worse things going on (i realise that's no argument, just pragmatism). Plus it makes you look like the bad guy if you're not careful- "Oh look, these scientists/atheists/secularists claim they're only trying to protect science class, but they're trying to ban the nativity play and christmas holidays too!"

You can alienate a lot of support by doing stuff like that.

EDIT: I mean I have no gigantic problem with religion per se, just when religion makes people do stupid stuff- like not teaching evolution, or banning abortion or contraception.

that being said, personally, i'd do schools the way france does it, you get an afternoon off once a week or something and your parents can teach you what they like.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 11, 2011,
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh yeah

ach i mean that doesn't really annoy me all that much. I mean there are way worse things going on (i realise that's no argument, just pragmatism). Plus it makes you look like the bad guy if you're not careful- "Oh look, these scientists/atheists/secularists claim they're only trying to protect science class, but they're trying to ban the nativity play and christmas holidays too!"

You can alienate a lot of support by doing stuff like that.

EDIT: I mean I have no gigantic problem with religion per se, just when religion makes people do stupid stuff- like not teaching evolution, or banning abortion or contraception.

that being said, personally, i'd do schools the way france does it, you get an afternoon off once a week or something and your parents can teach you what they like.

Nativity plays are part of religious indoctrination and have no place in state funded schools. If they want to celebrate their religion, they can do it at home.

S A D B O Y S
oh i agree, but i'm saying are you willing to lose a ton of support for the teaching of evolution just so you can get nativity plays banned?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2