I'm thinking about buying new new pickups for my Ibanez RGA42 and was wondering what you would say is the best pickups for metal? I don't really have a budget , just want to see what you's come up with. cheers
There's a thread for this.

Cheapest would be GFS Crunchy or Power Rails

More expensive would be some Bareknuckles.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
x2n
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
TDM Pickups SHO and 8 Ball SHO
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
There's always the default EMG 81 85 combo. Also the Seymore Duncan Blackout Metal pickups are good. Also dimarzio makes a great range of pickups that are good for metal. Now all of those are relitively inexpensive compared to some smaller companies that make some insane pickups. I do know that Rio Gronda pickups (a small company i believe based out of arizona) makes some beast pickups with some insane output that work amazingly for metal.
Do you have a specific genre of metal as that could also change what pickup would better suit your needs, Someone in the Doom Metal Genre would be looking for a different sound then someone in the Tech Death Metal Genre.

Do you want a tight distortion, or something that is a little more loose for a more wall of sound approach, any one of the previously stated pick ups handle distortion well and could do the job, but if you have a specific idea in mind of style and tone, everyone can help you better achieve a tone you'd like and want to keep for your style.

Just my 2 cents
Ibanez RGA72QME BBS
Schecter Hellraiser C7 NT in Black
ESP LTD MH-1000 (STG)
Bugera 333xl Head
Krank Krankenstein Head
Ampeg SSC-140 combo 212
I have a Dimarzio Evolution bridge pickup in my Ibanez and it works very well for metal in my opinion. It is pretty versatile also. It can can handle a great clean tone, but also has a tight distortion sound. They are great pickups.
well the way i have my guitar set up is a high output pickup at the bridge and a jazz pickup at the neck for clean guitaring. so thats exactly what ill suggest...
id suggest something like a seymour duncan invader humbucker at the bridge.
and something to give a much smoother tone at the bridge like the seymour duncan jazz...
but it all comes down to what your playing and how you want it to sound