I play a jsx I bought just about 4 months ago used. The crunch channel is a bit noisy but manageable but the ultra channel is really noisy and I need to solve this as over the summer I'll be playing metal/metalcore music in a band and some shows. And in our music we have frequent starting and stopping so noise isnt an option. Is it the tubes? My power supply? My guitar? Or is the amp just noisy by nature and should I forget it and by a noise suppressor?
Like dude when I have the gain past 4 or 5 on the ultra channel and I stop playing the hum and noise is about 60-70% as loud as the guitar is...it's bad. And I'm playing with emgs so it's no single coil guitar
Doesn't the JSX have a built in noise gate?
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Ok...a couple things come to mind. It could be a ground issue, do you have another guitar you could try with your amp? Maybe your guitar isn't grounded or shielded well. It could also be your pedals/power supply, sometimes using a power supply with a different current rating or daisy chaining will produce noise. I've played the JSX and own a XXX and don't find them to be noisy amps, especially the JSX with the noise gate and all.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.