Okay, so I own a Robson-brand guitar with a Stratocastor body - a cheap, black-and-white guitar bought at an audio-visual store's closing sales. I've owned it for a little over one and a half years now, and have had it working pretty decent. Except forthe last few weeks.

It just shot out a couple of weeks ago, so I unscrewed the output jack and found that since the metal plate was loose, it was twisting two wires that were conneted to the metal until they snapped. I waited for a while, then a couple days ago I soldered the two wires back where they had snapped off.

Now, I did a near-perfect job, but now when I plug in my guitar I get this horrible sound coming out of my amp. The guitar works now, but there is also excess noise, that sound skind of like feedback, but incredibly droning. On some settings on my amp, it drowns out the sound of my guitar completey.

What's wrong with my guitar? Did I solder it incorrectly? Do I need to buy a new guitar now, since this one seems to be defective and beyond repair?
the ground goes to the innermost lug

you may have switched the wires.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thank you - that worked perfectly. I feel like such a tool now, but at least I now have a working guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011