Okay, I bought an Asus UL80J back in September and today I had a problem where I can't get past the updating screen. Basically it said there was a failure to install updates and it's reverting changes, and it gets stuck there. Well, I took it to Best Buy where I bought it, and they wanted to charge $199 to basically restore my computer because I don't have my restore disc. Now to those familiar with Asus, they have a way to get online and stuff without using the OS, and this functions just fine, but obviously doesn't have all the features my computer should have, so there's nothing wrong with the hardware, would anyone know how to get a restore disc? My computer uses Windows 7
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Have you ran it in safe mode and did a system restore?
It works a lot of the time
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Silent Murder
Have you ran it in safe mode and did a system restore?
It works a lot of the time

I tried it in safe mode and the problem is I don't have a restore disc.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Call the manufacturer.

When I inadvertently fucked my registry the people at Best Buy told me that they would charge me $100+ to restore, but if I called Toshiba they would send me a disk for like $25.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
If you're going to pay anything I would just buy a restore disc from toshiba.

Or just get a fresh copy of windows 7. I personally don't like most of tue crap software that comes preloaded with big box store computers anyway. Most of it is trash and just slows down your computer.