I'm gonna build a franky 5150 kramer type guitar! EVH replica dude! I'm not aiming for it to be exactly alike, but close.

First of all, WHICH BRIDGE PICKUP SHOULD I BUY THAT SOUNDS KICK ASS LIKE EVH?

I was thinking something bright, crunchy heavy, evh like, kick ass tone, ya know ?

Which bridge pickup should I get, i've been looking here http://www.warmoth.com/Humbuckers-C797.aspx

I was thinking the duncan distortion, invader, and full shred.

Also, where could I find a strat body / guitar neck cheap? (Under $200 for both)

Lastly....where can I look up how to wire pickups and such? Never done before, but I'm ready to learn! (I'm buying a saughtering iron tomorrow)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
yah i would second the EVH. really though eddy had a PAF style pickup in it ( well the frankenstrat anyways but guess your building a 5150 though so?) i think from an es-335 actually. maybe? i would take the PAF route personal. very versatile and very rockin. good luck i look forward to these kind of builds :p
the pickup i have in mine is the Custom Shop Seymour Duncan '78 model. it nails the VH1 album tone. i love it.
Wow look at this ebay bid for a kramer hockeystick neck, same one on the frank strat!

99 cents? is this legitimate?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Style-Hockey-Stick-Banana-Neck-ROCK-MAPLE-1PC-/160572186271?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2562d91e9f#ht_1801wt_932
Quote by ShredWithEd
Wow look at this ebay bid for a kramer hockeystick neck, same one on the frank strat!

99 cents? is this legitimate?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kramer-Style-Hockey-Stick-Banana-Neck-ROCK-MAPLE-1PC-/160572186271?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2562d91e9f#ht_1801wt_932

That's the starting price. People will place bids and the price will go higher. ha
Get yourself a GFS neck, and probably a body too. I recomend the VEH pickup, it really nailed his tones for me when I had it in my yamaha.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I'm pretty sure the floyd rose acceptible necks come with 24,
If the neck has an overhang you can get away with a 22 fret. For pickups go to Guitarfetish and what was recommended was the '59 they make, however they make a VEH, which is more commonly used now in frankenstrats. For wiring diagrams, go to the seymour duncan website and look up their wiring diagrams, they have one for pretty much everything.
Thanks guys, I was on guitarpartsonline.com and I saw some 5150 bodies, a kramer 22 fret hockeystick neck, and a Floyd. Seems like I can make a EVH strat for $250 max.

P.S. Decided I'm not making a frankstrat replica...yet. I need to wait until I have more money/time/expirience.....
Quote by ShredWithEd
The problem is the GFS necks only have 21 frets, and I need 22.

Any idea where I can get my hands on a 22 fret neck?

Quality control there is so inconsistent that its not worth it at GFS. Sure theyre like, 30 bucks. But you get what you pay for, you'll get frustrated with one of those necks.

I recommend against buying one if you decide to.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Thats a bummer, they seemed really cool. I hear some demos of them on youtube, and they sound great? Might be the amp though.

Do you have any experience with the VEH pickup then?
I vouche against the GFS thing, both necks I ordered where great. First came with brass frets or so, but 8 months later its full steel. I assume they upgraded, and its not just a random event. Either way, the construction and everything was solid.

I have for the pup, and it's pretty great for the brown sound if you get it on the amp, but it can also do normal rock and DURTY blues if you want it to.
Quote by nowa90
I vouche against the GFS thing, both necks I ordered where great. First came with brass frets or so, but 8 months later its full steel. I assume they upgraded, and its not just a random event. Either way, the construction and everything was solid.

I have for the pup, and it's pretty great for the brown sound if you get it on the amp, but it can also do normal rock and DURTY blues if you want it to.

I bought a guitar from them. 3 months later, neck is completely unplayable, electronics are shot, and their advice to fix the problem involved a, I quote, "crowbar or hammer" to pry the bridge studs out (because the pickguard cannot be removed without taking them out first). Oh yeah, its also BEEN IN ITS CASE SINCE I GOT IT as a backup guitar and hasnt been played more than twice, and never gigged or moved from my apartment.

Take your pick, could be a waste of money, could be a gem - obviously nowa90 got lucky, I did not.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Quote by ma_tt11
I bought a guitar from them. 3 months later, neck is completely unplayable, electronics are shot, and their advice to fix the problem involved a, I quote, "crowbar or hammer" to pry the bridge studs out (because the pickguard cannot be removed without taking them out first). Oh yeah, its also BEEN IN ITS CASE SINCE I GOT IT as a backup guitar and hasnt been played more than twice, and never gigged or moved from my apartment.

Take your pick, could be a waste of money, could be a gem - obviously nowa90 got lucky, I did not.

I'm also just going to mention that its a 200$ guitar, and made in China which probably has different humidity levels etc. Some things you should avoid from them, the pre-made necks, pickups, pickgaurds, pots/switches, cable, and pedals are not.