I've pretty much settled on Avatar cabs as they seem to get good reviews all around and fit right into my budget.

I'm thinking of going for the Avatar Traditional 2x12 Premier closed back cab, with a Hellatone 30/60 combo. Good idea? It's apparently a popular choice.

Now, where I need help is the ohm selection.

Choice of 4 ohm cab, 8 ohm cab, 16 ohm cab, stereo cab or mono cab.

What choice do I make for use with the Blackstar HT-5 head?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
What impedance is it capable of handling?

There's your answer.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
i for some reason would choose the stickered, branded celestions over the hellatones, due to resale value only, just in case its not quite what you are looking for.

i forgot the reason, but the higher the impedence you run the head the better it is for some reason, although i have heard many debates on.

scott splawn (who i have actually spoken to a couple of times) is one of those who prefers the high impedence of the cab, if thats what he advises, i listen to him, because he certainly knows more than me.

but you are the one who has to make the choice.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i for some reason would choose the stickered, branded celestions over the hellatones, due to resale value only, just in case its not quite what you are looking for.

Well, the Hellatone speakers are just Celestions that have been slightly broken in. Not broken in, but they run them so they're warm and not "stiff" sounding like new speakers can be. I guess they're just slightly aged. The 30 is a G12H30 and the 60 is a Vintage 30. You peel off the "Hellatone" sticker and it's Celestions underneath.

The reason I ask is because I really don't know what I'm doing here. *facepalm*

The back of the Blackstar head says 1x8 ohm OR 2x16 ohm, then finally 1x16 ohm. I'm making the switch over from combo amps, which is why I'm asking this. How am I supposed to match up to these?

Sorry for the extremely basic questions, just don't want to mess it up, haha.
2X16 is for 2 16 ohms in stereo
1x16 for single 16ohm
and 1x8 for 8ohms cab
i may be wrong though
and what kind of music do you want to play on your ht-5 if is modern
get a contemporary cab
Quote by Shadow Eternal
Well, the Hellatone speakers are just Celestions that have been slightly broken in. Not broken in, but they run them so they're warm and not "stiff" sounding like new speakers can be. I guess they're just slightly aged. The 30 is a G12H30 and the 60 is a Vintage 30. You peel off the "Hellatone" sticker and it's Celestions underneath.

The reason I ask is because I really don't know what I'm doing here. *facepalm*

The back of the Blackstar head says 1x8 ohm OR 2x16 ohm, then finally 1x16 ohm. I'm making the switch over from combo amps, which is why I'm asking this. How am I supposed to match up to these?

Sorry for the extremely basic questions, just don't want to mess it up, haha.

as long as the celestion sticker is there, i would go for them. ny point being if you didn't like the speakers, i bet more would be interested in Celestions than Hellatones, due to lack of familiarity.

my guess is that there are three jacks on the back of the head (i could be wrong, i haven't looked at one, but this is how my orange and another low wattage head i owned a while back said)... 2x8ohm and 1x16ohm. that is so you could use one eight ohm cab, one sixteen ohm cab, or two sixteen ohm cabs (16 ohm in parallel is 8 ohms so you could run two 16 ohm cabs plugged in to the two 8 ohm outputs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
1x8ohm = 8 ohms
2x16ohm wired in parallel = 8 ohms, so since you're getting a 212, get two 16 ohm speakers
and id definitely get a hellatone 60, i think its a good choice
^this guy is right
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
I owned an Avatar Trad 212 closed back and loved it. Sold it to gregs1020 to fund my Splawn cab - which also love. In the Avatar I had a G12H30 and a CL80. That said, I definitely support the Hellatone route (especially knowing you can take the sticker off).

I just looked at the HT5 specs and all I see is an 8 and a 16 ohm jack (common) so don't let the 2xohm thing mess with you. The amp head doesn't really care how many speakers are there (in mono operation that most of use). Looks like you can order a 16 ohm cab or an 8 ohm cab. Your choice. The 16 may be easier to resell down the road as it is most common. My 212 was actually 8 but that was due to different reasons.

Contact Dave at Avatar and ask him. Great guy.
Thanks for all the help guys. I actually ended up contacting Dave in the end anyway, and he advised me to choose a 16 ohm cab incase I decide that I want to add another one in the future (my head allows for this). He said that if I choose 8 ohm I'll be limited to just one cab, and that it doesn't make a difference sound-wise. It's just about the number of cabs I could potentially use, one or two.