So I'm fixing a guitar for a friend. This guitar wiring is just strange(a rocker switch for each pickup to turn on or off, a slide switch to turn them off). How many wires does a p90 have? Should it have 3?
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Ok then it looks like the previous owner before my friend added a third wire for some reason. My friend got it at a fleamarket.
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Quote by supersac
well p90s are isngle coil so they should have two wires

unless it's two conductor

which means there's a coil north, coil south as well as a shield. which some people might see as a third wire

but yeah, you'll probably only be dealing with hot and ground

edit: pictures? the third wire could be a shield or it could be something cool like a coil tap
I think it's a shield, it's bare. I can't get pics, I dont have a camera. One wire is white, one is red and another is bare. How can I tell which is which?
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.
Quote by Scarr77
I think it's a shield, it's bare. I can't get pics, I dont have a camera. One wire is white, one is red and another is bare. How can I tell which is which?

you don't have a multimeter, do you?

and was any of it wired when you got the guitar?
I don't have one right now but Ill have the guitar for maybe a week or so and I can go buy one. Also the guitar was wired but it didn't work so it was wired incorrectly
Quote by The Silent Fool
^ a winner we have.