Well I am Auditioning for my Bmus tomorrow...

Anybody ever had a university audition/have any tips?

Basicly i'm just looking for some last minute advice.

Thanks!

PS: Bass and Guitar. My pieces are

G: YYZ, Pirates of the C. Theme
B: Red Barchetta, The Trooper.
Please no feedback on my song choice, just advice!
Look tidy, smile and be friendly, make conversation and jokes if you can. Firm handshake, all that, and try and be as chill as possible, but don't be cocky. Also, if it's cold or raining outside, wear gloves on the way so your hands don't lock up. If you get a chance, get someone who knows their shit to listen to your pieces, although you may not have a chance now.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Confidence goes a long way. Not to be mistaken with cockiness . For example I auditioned for the touring symphonic orchestra at my high school for upright bass. After being accepted the director said one of the main reasons he accepted me was because of my ability to have confidence in my playing and "just go for it". Also, try to be sociable and make conversation. Make them like you and try not to seem too timid. Make sure you're prepared for all aspects. Possibly prepared for sight reading too .
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
Quote by joshmckinnon
Thanks! great advice. Yeah im prepared musically it was just for the presentation.

Presentation is important. I don't know if you've ever been a greasy teenager with hair to his ass crack, but try walking into a guitar shop like that, and then getting it chopped and walking in again, and just being taken aback by the difference in reception. I actually got a haircut and everything before my audition last month and packed like 3 changes of clothes all ironed and folded meticulously.

Presentation is important. I don't know if you've ever been a greasy teenager with hair to his ass crack, but try walking into a guitar shop like that, and then getting it chopped and walking in again, and just being taken aback by the difference in reception. I actually got a haircut and everything before my audition last month and packed like 3 changes of clothes all ironed and folded meticulously.

Yeah i wore a polo, nice blue jeans and my (real) glasses. I smiled and was polite and everything.

It went well. I'm Pretty Psyched to hear the results but that wont be for a while.
Congrats man! Well done.