Hi guys.

I am currently looking for a guitar and I need help deciding between these 3 guitars.

I play pop punk.

I'm australian btw.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio ($580 incl postage) - $350 in USA - $699 AU

Epiphone Dot ($630 incl postage) - $400 US - $750 AU

or Squier Classic Vibes 50's tele ($635 incl postage) - $350 US - $799 AU

I'm really into the telecaster.
I like the dot aswell but I'm not really into the les paul.

Please give me your opinions.

Also give me your opinion on This:

I really like the maple fingerboard. It's $300 in US and $700 in AU.

thanks.
your wasting time trying to read this ^_^
The Deryck Whibley sig is terrible. I considered it a few years back when it first came out but after I played it I changed my mind really quick.

Out of the three you have I think the 50's Tele will do you nicely. Tele's are awesome for pop-punk. May I also suggest you take a look at the Squire Tele Custom. It's around $250 US and it plays and sounds awesome for it's price.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
just out of curiosity are you importing the guitar from America when you buy it (as I am Aussie too). because none of the stores over there (I have found) will ship brand-new guitars to Australia.
Ibanez RG321MH (with EMG 81/85)
Ibanez SA260FM (stock)

Boss ME-70

Roland CUBE 15X (built like a tank)

**coming soon**
Low wattage all tube amp

maybe selling ME-70 and buying stompboxes
Naa, I was in the same situation as you.
google shiremusic.
Out of all the australian stores, that is by far one of the cheapest.
Not to be rude, but it's all about what you like. If you want to play thrash metal on a banjo, do it. If you want to play folk music with an engl fireball and a mick thompson signature ibanez, do it. Find what works for you, in your head.
Hebrews 12: 29 "For our God is a consuming fire."

Warmoth humbucker-tele (specs soon to change), EHX 44 magnum power amp into 1x12 with WGS Retro 30 and a Barber Electronics Dual Unlimited.
My opinion is those are ridiculous prices for what you are getting..

The shipping costs are the same for a premium guitar or a budget guitar and why pay "new" guitar premium for a budget guitar you're going to use for pop punk. Search eBay for a nice used USA telecaster from a reputable music store willing to ship to AU and be happy forever.
I've already tried to find American stores that ship to Australia. Including guitar centre which only sell these unknown brands to Australia. Plus it cost min of $150 to ship here. So for example, if I pay $400 on an epi dot and pay min $150 postage, that's 550. But I'd rather buy from Australia for $50 extra for easier communication blah blah blah.
i got my rg1550 from shire music, just fantastic price. but if you live in W.A. go through musiciansuniverse.

also i've played an epiphone Les Paul Studio, and absolutely hated it. the pickups are muddy and cheap, and the neck... the neck.

actually ive just tried out a fender black top jazzmaster and a blacktop stratocaster. both of which were built fantastically (as a cheap guitar). there pretty good for anything from jazz to rock.

all of the black top series are 700 from shiremusic.
How much did you have to pay for postage.
Quote by jsync
i got my rg1550 from shire music, just fantastic price. but if you live in W.A. go through musiciansuniverse.

also i've played an epiphone Les Paul Studio, and absolutely hated it. the pickups are muddy and cheap, and the neck... the neck.

actually ive just tried out a fender black top jazzmaster and a blacktop stratocaster. both of which were built fantastically (as a cheap guitar). there pretty good for anything from jazz to rock.

all of the black top series are 700 from shiremusic.

In W.A I recommend Kosmic Music and Billy Hyde. They all have stores in Perth and I've had good experiences with both Kosmic's stores and Billy Hyde.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Billy hyde is soooo expensive. Like the epiphone dot there is $750 and on the musicians universe that jsync reccomended, it's only $550.
That's true, I tend to take my bigger purchases to Kosmic but I happen to work about 100m from Billy Hyde.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
my god. i really feel for you. i mean i love my epiphone les paul custom. i bought it used, but i think it retails for like what 700-800? thats dumb. i mean its a great guitar, but for over 600 you can get a WAY better guitar in the US in the used market.

jesus. thes prices on the dot and the squier are just silly as well. 800 for a squier is beyond robbery. its exploitation. that is obsurd. had a squier as a first guitar. never again. actually i heard squier has been really stepping up their game. about 8-10 years ago? jesus thier stuff was garbage.

anywho, epiphone dots are surprisingly nice little cheap hollow bodies. however all of these guitars vary greatly from guitar to guitar. really helps to play each one.

just me personally i would stay away from the squier just cause i owned one and its not good in any way. however, i cant speak for thier new stuff.
The epi lp custom is actually over $1000 here.
You're probably quite likely to get better deals haggling in store though, or even just from buying in store. In my experience most guitar shops but complete bull prices up that they have no intention of charging and the guy who puts it through at the counter drops the price without my having to ask.

In Australia we've got a lot of artificially inflated prices, e.g housing, games, guitars are all more expensive than they should be.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by ibanez4321
just out of curiosity are you importing the guitar from America when you buy it (as I am Aussie too). because none of the stores over there (I have found) will ship brand-new guitars to Australia.

That's really the only way I've found so far where you come out on top. Every other way sees you shafted by inflation, especially with our money worth more than the USD
So do you buy your gear from America and get it shipped here or what?
Quote by Unitc
So do you buy your gear from America and get it shipped here or what?

it should be cheaper to ask some store to order it in for you, that way if you ever have to send it back or anything, it'll be a whole lot cheaper. also you get to use it then and there before you buy. don't be afraid to haggle the price down too.

also i went into kosmic, and the guy that worked there was a complete wank. he tried to convince me that some cheap anime painted ltd was better than a nice fender strat (cant remember which model). and he initiated that conversation too. after i asked him to go away he was all like 'yeah its good to look at shit you can't afford'.

the dude really doesn't know how to make a sell.
The problem is, is that there are only 2 music shops in my city, and they both are extremely expensive. I just looked on kosmic and the epiphone dot is only $499! Compared to Billy hyde and guitar world which sell it for $749.
Try it out, and buy it on distance, On electric guitars i have never really experienced too much of a diffrence between what i received and what i tried out in the shop.

But thats just what i have experienced.
Im up in brisbane!!! hahaha

alans music/billy hyde will match any price that you give them (within reason)

http://www.allansmusic.com.au/AboutUs/PricePolicies.aspx

Just find where it is cheapest and quote the price to them. saves a lot of worries with shipping and all that. anyways thats what i do with ellaways.

hope this helps
Ibanez RG321MH (with EMG 81/85)
Ibanez SA260FM (stock)

Boss ME-70

Roland CUBE 15X (built like a tank)

**coming soon**
Low wattage all tube amp

maybe selling ME-70 and buying stompboxes