I'm new to playing and buying guitars, how is "ioffer.com" selling Gibson Les Paul's at prices no more than $400.00 ? Never seen these prices before...
My roommate bought a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses from them. He got them today, and they seem real. He paid fifteen dollars for them when they go for one fifty retail. I put an offer on a pair for ten dollars.

I'm not sure how it works, but it does.

It's weird, because he and I were just talking about this site ten minutes ago.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If it's real, I'm buying one, sorta scary though....That's one of those "too good to be true" deals...Thank you for replying
I'm sure it's a buy at your own risk sort of thing. I'd be careful spending that much money on something. Me, I'd lose ten dollars. You'd lose 400. So I'd wait and do some more research before you spend that much money over the internet.

I'd look this over:

http://www.ioffer.com/help/safe_trading_tips
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
WTF !
"2010 IBANEZs JEM 7V Electric guitar - €284,15 " Dude, is this for real?
Did anyone ever bought something from this website?
Quote by M. Airez
WTF !
"2010 IBANEZs JEM 7V Electric guitar - €284,15 " Dude, is this for real?
Did anyone ever bought something from this website?

licensed floyds and made in korea stamped on the back. not real.

edit:

element, i've bought ray bans from greece that seem completely legit. they have tags, the exact stickers, the bags, freaking everything. but they broke on the second day i had them. there's no way in hell that designer glasses would go for that cheap - the companies don't ship them out for that cheap. they're definitely fakes. if you still have doubt, go to europe and look at all the designer stuff they clone. it's spot on 100% identical. except they don't have the quality (the sunglasses at least, the handbags have the same quality).
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Apr 12, 2011,
Quote by NakedInTheRain

There's actually a guy who already bought it...but the package didnt arrive yet (as said in the comment section)...
Here's something that may shed light on this:

Buyer

Question Feb 14, 2011 2:00 PM
Hi there, i just wanted to ask you why this guitar is so low cost... i mean, the musicman jp6 price is like 2000 usd average, how can this cost 300 Eu?
Thank you

Franco
Requested an offer
Seller

Offer Feb 14, 2011 4:48 PM
Price: $400.00 (AU$381.00) Shipping: $100.00 (AU$95.25) Total: $500.00 (AU$476.25)
Hi friend
Thank you for your question, I want to tell you is that it is made in China, you know, China is the world's factory, the wages of our workers is not high in developed countries, because we are hardworking, I hope you can enjoy It is, thank you!

so they clone and sell guitars, essentially.
Quote by NakedInTheRain

edit:

element, i've bought ray bans from greece that seem completely legit. they have tags, the exact stickers, the bags, freaking everything. but they broke on the second day i had them. there's no way in hell that designer glasses would go for that cheap - the companies don't ship them out for that cheap. they're definitely fakes. if you still have doubt, go to europe and look at all the designer stuff they clone. it's spot on 100% identical. except they don't have the quality (the sunglasses at least, the handbags have the same quality).
Not a surprise, but I don't care as long as they look real. I'd rather spend 10-15 dollars on something that's not as good of quality than 150 on the real thing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

what are the payment methods?

EDIT: I just saw they have paypal, all that means to me is that you could con them right back for a crappy guitar
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Apr 12, 2011,
Quote by blackborrego
Element I think you are being trolled. Not about the glasses, the thread.
I'm not sure. I'm playing it by ear.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Not a surprise, but I don't care as long as they look real. I'd rather spend 10-15 dollars on something that's not as good of quality than 150 on the real thing.

yeah that was what i thought. although i was pissed off when they broke on the second day.
also, guys, keep in mind that these may not be photos of the actual item - they may be photos nicked from ebay and other sites, and watermarked.

also this isn't looking very good for you, TS, signing up just to ask our opinion on a dodgy site. just saying.
Honestly how do they play? Like I said before, if they look any different from the photos you could protect yourself with Paypal...I am genuinely interested in seeing if these are built solid....basically if you could work with them, I'm willing to be teh tester

^^^^If it's a fake guitar, of course you can as they advertised you another product to you, you'd lose out on the shipping though
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

I signed up to ask people who "know" about Guitars to tell me if I'm getting ripped off, Isn't that what forums are for? To get help on things your unsure of, or to offer advice if you do....
Quote by lamartialart
I signed up to ask people who "know" about Guitars to tell me if I'm getting ripped off, Isn't that what forums are for? To get help on things your unsure of, or to offer advice if you do....
We have a lot of problems with advertisers, so honestly, your first post looks a little suspicious.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

All the Ibanez JEMs I'm looking at are clearly fake.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Sorry, If the site is a fraud I really want someone to post that it is, no advertising here, if it's shady it'll get slammed, and i'll sleep better knowing i didn't waste money, I'm a lefty and they have alot of different styles "which you never find for left handers in a Les Paul" and that's why i posted. hopefully someone who's purchased guitars here can fill us all in.......
Quote by lamartialart
Sorry, If the site is a fraud I really want someone to post that it is, no advertising here, if it's shady it'll get slammed, and i'll sleep better knowing i didn't waste money, I'm a lefty and they have alot of different styles "which you never find for left handers in a Les Paul" and that's why i posted. hopefully someone who's purchased guitars here can fill us all in.......
It's all good d00d
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Ignite
I want this guitar so bad.
http://www.ioffer.com/i/gibson-les-paul-custom-green-electric-guitar-173181017

He specifically says it's made in China though.... obviously a complete knockoff. But I can't help but wonder how good it plays, especially for only $350.

that's my thought as well, I mean worse case scenario, you lose the shipping....paypal should be able to protect you since it's technically fraud
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Quote by EndThecRinge51

TS is an advertising, good for nothing dick sucker.

I'm gonna get warned for this arent I?

Damnit. dont warn me. Im too drunk. I dunno what im doing...
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.