Page 1 of 2
I had mentioned this in the thread about the earthquake when it happened, and a couple people seemed interested.

Basically I'm thinking we can do a UG album to sell, and donate all the profits to Japan. We could go with a theme to keep it organized, like Jrock/Jpop covers, or Japanese inspired Marty Friedman-style instrumentals. Anyone else up for it?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
I would definitely be up for it, but The Anime Thread was already planning on starting up our second UG album, so maybe we could combine the two or something. I don't know.
Last edited by GuitarGod_92 at Apr 12, 2011,
This reminds me... what ever happened to the Benefit Album?

Quote by GuitarGod_92
I would definitely be up for it, but The Anime Thread was already planning on starting up our second UG album, so maybe we could combine the two or something. I don't know.

I'd totally be in on that. Maybe this time I'll actually have time to submit something decent.
I've never done one of these UG albums before, do they usually have a limit on how many songs you can do? If so, I might throw that out the window since this is for charity. I've got so many songs I want to do, it'll be hard to choose just one.
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Depending on the deadline, I may get something in.

I want something in.

But it should definitely be japan themed.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
This won't work. The Australian flood album is still in post-production, and that was months ago. You won't be able to get it together and sorted.
Quote by RSOB Bass
This won't work. The Australian flood album is still in post-production, and that was months ago. You won't be able to get it together and sorted.

Don't be such a Debby Downer mate. I'm sure we could pull it off if a few more people were interested in helping.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by RSOB Bass

Difference being is the entire anime thread will likely back this.. There's not a BBQ and Fosters thread anywhere

Power of numbers yo
I think if we're gonna do this, I'll need help. Like I said, I've never participated in one pf these albums, much less organized one.

(read: bump)
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by KTFM
The Australian Flood album fell apart because hardly anybody would volunteer to help out. If there are dedicated people, it can work.

This.

You could use your experience as a guide though.

Two points first off.

1. You need a designated charity, as well as contact information and a method for transactions that does not involve you.

2. You need to get it done and released fast. I'm talking within the month.

I can get it front page exposure that would greatly increase sales, as well as open up other promotional avenues, but I can't do that without a complete product.
Last edited by Colohue at Apr 12, 2011,
This is what I needed help with. Is there a specific charity anyone would recommend?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by Kioshi
This is what I needed help with. Is there a specific charity anyone would recommend?

I'm not too familiar with many charities, but I assume Red Cross is probably doing something. Don't quote me on that, though.
I was looking at convoy of hope, mostly because my church supports them and I've worked with a project run by them before.
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
One word, loudness!
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by Kioshi

The Japanese Red Cross is accepting donations.

All details are on this page - http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/relief/l4/Vcms4_00002070.html
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Red Cross are doing shit and will take the donations hell if i know how much they'd actually do in regards to actually helping with what we are doing here

The biggest community of musicians that the world has ever seen does not need help from the Red Cross, we just need them to hold out their hands while we generate.

If TS can confirm the donation details then we can move onto the next step: submissions.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I'll submit my song too.

I think some of you guys are planning to do covers. Just keep the legalities in mind.

UG will not support any album containing unlicensed covers.
I thought covers were okay since this is non-profit?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by Kioshi
I thought covers were okay since this is non-profit?

You still need the permission from the original artist to use their work. It's protected under Copywrite law, whether you earn anything from it or not.

Also I'd be up for this. If we could set a theme of some kind !
FUUUUU-

Okay, originals it is. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can give it a theme?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by Kioshi
FUUUUU-

Okay, originals it is. Does anyone have any ideas on how we can give it a theme?

Speed will be of the essence either way, before the media eye begins to wane.

I would suggest not bothering with a theme, getting in as many submissions as possible, then setting a theme with the pieces as you put everything together.
So get as many submissions as possible, then choose a theme based on what we have?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Just to clarify, should I use every submission, and fit a theme around that? Or should I chose a theme and eliminate the ones that don't fit?

But I still need to contact the charity before moving on to taking submissions, right?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by Kioshi
Just to clarify, should I use every submission, and fit a theme around that? Or should I chose a theme and eliminate the ones that don't fit?

But I still need to contact the charity before moving on to taking submissions, right?

If you get forty submissions, nobody is likely to listen to them all. Make an album out of it that fits rather than just a long list of different stuff.

And yes, you do. Ideally, you could do both at once, but then the Red Cross could say no, and you would look a little silly.
Then couldn't I contact another charity while still taking submissions?
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son

Pokemon RBY CYOA!
Quote by Kioshi
Then couldn't I contact another charity while still taking submissions?

You could, but we would need to have a set charity, with clearly shown information, to give evidence that money isn't going into your pocket.

UG wouldn't like that to be an issue, so having the information clearly available is a requirement. You understand.
Page 1 of 2