This summer I will have more money (aka no girlfriend) so I'm getting my first true rig of half decent gear.

Amp: Blackstar HT 40
Guitar: LTD MH350FR

And now for the pedals.

Right now I'm wanting to get a noise suppressor, an EQ and a powered pedal board. I'll be getting a talkbox for my upcoming birthday so that will be in there too.

Suppressor: MXR, Boss, or ISP

EQ: I'm think about the MXR 6 band or Boss GE7

So I'm dropping about 1400 on the guitar and amp. I don't want to spend a ton on the pedal because my parents will kill me but any recommendations are very welcome such an OD or alternatives to my current stuff. I play Rock and Metal so I'll be cranking the gain for some stuff. I play lighter stuff but I don't think that applies much here.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I personally think the Boss Supressor is your best best for that side of things. I've used it for years and it's great. The only gate I've found that's tighter is the built-in noise gate on the Marshall Kerry King signature head, BUT I prefer the MXR EQ pedal to the Boss. Also, if you can, get a good Tube Screamer-style pedal (Maxon TS909, Ibanez TS808, Boss Blues Driver) to give your amp a boost in the front-end for solos.
My two cents: Noise Gate is probably unnecessary. Can't go wrong with a 10 band MXR eq. Powered pedalboards are a waste of money. Throw some velcro on a piece of wood (or metal or plastic) and get a one spot. With the money you didn't waste on a noise gate and powered gay pedal board you can buy another few pedals.
Quote by CavemanJB
My two cents: Noise Gate is probably unnecessary. Can't go wrong with a 10 band MXR eq. Powered pedalboards are a waste of money. Throw some velcro on a piece of wood (or metal or plastic) and get a one spot. With the money you didn't waste on a noise gate and powered gay pedal board you can buy another few pedals.

I don't really want anything other pedal but I may try building my own pedalboard and save the money. I don't need to be tempted with a new wah pedal or any other pedals for that matter.

I may get the EQ and see how my noise is and if I need the gate I can get one. Man, now I'm starting to want a wah. I have a Weeping Demon but the level snapped somehow. I can still use it, but not the auto wah thing and that's why I liked it. Maybe I'll try a Morely.

EDIT: Thanks, but it plays like a piece of shit. It may be the bridge but everything about it is messed up. I tried replacing the nut and ****ed it up, clear coat is messed up, it's all kinds of messed up haha I'll probably put in a case and leave it because I don't want to paint over that girl's art.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Apr 12, 2011,
If you've only got a few pedals an easy way to make an awesome, easy to transport pedal board is to pick up a briefcase for a couple bucks at a second hand store, put a solid base in it with some velcro on it and you're done. And you get style points.
Yea, I've seen the briefcase one and it would look pretty cool. I probably couldn't put material on a case very well so I may consider the briefcase.

And does anyone have a better recommendation for the guitar? I've played a very similar model and really liked it but I really want to buy smart since I'm spending so much. I've also looked at S series Ibanez since they have the middle pickup and the ZR trem instead of the Edge lll. I'll have to play some though. I know I like LTD but Ibanez are almost always good. I like Jackson's as well but I don't think they measure up to LTD or Ibanez in the 500-700 range.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls