So I was checking out This guitar and I don't want the floyd rose, but I like the inlays and the overall aesthetic to it. I looked at a few more and I found one with the same inlays and everything, but it had passives.

Is there a good ESP that looks like that under around $700 with the actives?

Or, if you have a better model, or better guitar from a different company, feel free to tell me.

It doesn't have to have the inlays, but I like what I've heard of how it sounds and I liked the look. I just don't want the floyd rose or passives.

I play Metal (Dream Theater, Megadeth, Sleep, Nevermore, etc.), Rock (Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, Jimi Hendrix), and some other stuff, I play mostly metal though.

My gear is in my sig, not even sure if passives or actives would make a difference through my amp. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: More specs are a set neck, a thin neck (Not too thin, not too thick) and preferably strat or V shaped.
Last edited by Ironic Maiden at Apr 12, 2011,
The ESP H-1001...
Gear:
Schecter Damien Elite FR CRED
Ibanez RG7321FM w/ DiMarzio Bridge pickup
Roland CUBE 40XL
Digitech RP355

Quote by zgr0826
Banned because Raep = Me Gusta

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by boeman1995
The ESP H-1001...
It's a bit more expensive though, I might be able to flex it a bit.
The H-1001 is a great guitar imo, if you can stretch your budget do it. You could always just block the trem?
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
how about

http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-C-1.aspx

http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-ATX-C-1.aspx

http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-Special-C-1.aspx

no idea how much they are in the US but those are nice guitars

and you can also put actives in your current guitar if you like it. i put emgs in my schecter tempest custom and now its amazing.
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Quote by Trecion
how about

http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-C-1.aspx

http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Blackjack-ATX-C-1.aspx

http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/Hellraiser-Special-C-1.aspx

and you can also put actives in your current guitar if you like it. i put emgs in my schecter tempest custom and now its amazing.

I'm so dumb. I have a Schecter hanging 2m from me and didn't even think of them because he said ESp in his thread :') But yeah those are really good too.

Quote by Nimbus456
The H-1001 is a great guitar imo, if you can stretch your budget do it. You could always just block the trem?

They also come with a string-thru, that's why I said H-1001
Gear:
Roland CUBE 40XL
Digitech RP355

Quote by zgr0826

ಠ_ಠ
I don't want the trem because of the setup.
Quote by Trecion
how about

I'll check them out, the only problem is that I don't really like the neck thickness of Schecters. All of them, including the one I have, are all really thick from what I've played. However, I'll try these out and see if I like them.

I also added a couple of more specs that I would like to have if possible.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I don't want the trem because of the setup.I'll check them out, the only problem is that I don't really like the neck thickness of Schecters. All of them, including the one I have, are all really thick from what I've played. However, I'll try these out and see if I like them.

I also added a couple of more specs that I would like to have if possible.

The Schecter ATX and Hellraisers are supposed to have (slightly?) thinner necks than your Omen and my Damien Elite though

EDIT: Also, I have the CUBE 40XL too
Gear:
Roland CUBE 40XL
Digitech RP355

Quote by zgr0826

ಠ_ಠ
hmm well you could also watch out for a LTD MH 400. i picked one up a while ago for €150 incl. hsc. they have emg 81/85 combo and come with and without FR
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
I'd just get that one and block up the tremolo. I have a battery blocking the trem on my ibanez and I'm happy with it.
If you love everything about it, you could, at the very least, just block the trem. Other than that, if you want to stay with ESP's, you could always save a little more and stretch for the H-1001
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
I think Seymour Duncan have made something, that turns passives into actives, by changing the pot or something which has a blackout pre-amp on it.
I'm not sure about past models, but recently it's been that the MH1000NT has passives, and the MH1000FR has actives.

You could always get the NT and swap the pickups for actives though.

Or get an MH350/MH400/MH401 (I personally recommend the 400 over either of the others).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Krauser
If you love everything about it, you could, at the very least, just block the trem. Other than that, if you want to stay with ESP's, you could always save a little more and stretch for the H-1001
But wouldn't I still have to deal with the hassle of the setup from the Floyd?
not really, once you set it up once and get the right bridge height all you have to do is keep the tension on it when you change strings and etc. you could block both sides of the trem so it wont move at all, just be careful you're not putting too much tension on anything and that you use something that wont scratch up the inner cavity.

I have a AA battery in mine and I'm gonna block it up with some wood when I get home from college because I'm afraid that the tension might break the battery and leak battery acid the inside of my cavity.
You could buy a Tremol-No system.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
You could buy a Tremol-No system.
Maybe I will do this. I just heard that even if you block the trem it's a pain in the ass. I would like to be able to use it if I do have one too.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Maybe I will do this. I just heard that even if you block the trem it's a pain in the ass. I would like to be able to use it if I do have one too.

The main thing people don't like about the floyd is the tuning after restringing and the locks. Stringing a Floyd is, and don't let people make it difficult, the easiest thing in the world. Run the ball end through the head stock tuners and then run the other end to the floyd, cut of the slack, and tighten. It's THE easiest way to do it. Faster than stringing a regular trem and you don't have the turn the string around the tuner or make a crazy knot or something. Then you don't have to use the locks at the nut (you can leave them off) and just leave the fine tuners at the bridge alone and use the guitar like a regular hard tail or, better yet, lock it up anyway, and then fine tune. You'll have even more stability. Trust me... it's well worth it...
Taylor 214CE

Quote by Krauser
The main thing people don't like about the floyd is the tuning after restringing and the locks. Stringing a Floyd is, and don't let people make it difficult, the easiest thing in the world. Run the ball end through the head stock tuners and then run the other end to the floyd, cut of the slack, and tighten. It's THE easiest way to do it. Faster than stringing a regular trem and you don't have the turn the string around the tuner or make a crazy knot or something. Then you don't have to use the locks at the nut (you can leave them off) and just leave the fine tuners at the bridge alone and use the guitar like a regular hard tail or, better yet, lock it up anyway, and then fine tune. You'll have even more stability. Trust me... it's well worth it...
Thanks, I have more confidence in it now.
But, occasionally I will change tunings, like I'll drop tune a bit, and I've heard that it's a bit of a pain?

Also, I like to use mildly thick strings, like 11's or 10's. I heard you need to set this up differently and it's a bit of a hassle.

Quote by 3lusiv3
Have you considered Edwards? I'm just putting it out there, I didn't actually check if they have what you want.
EDIT: LINKS AHOY! http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/
I haven't yet, I'll have to check 'em out, thanks.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Thanks, I have more confidence in it now.
But, occasionally I will change tunings, like I'll drop tune a bit, and I've heard that it's a bit of a pain?

If you're trems blocked you can drop tune it as much as you want. A trem block, or a tremol-no, is going to allow you to do everything you can do on a hardtail and even more (with the tremol-no which is really an excellent option. You won't have to worry.
Taylor 214CE

Quote by Krauser
If you're trems blocked you can drop tune it as much as you want. A trem block, or a tremol-no, is going to allow you to do everything you can do on a hardtail and even more (with the tremol-no which is really an excellent option. You won't have to worry.

Alright, maybe I'll just get a tremol-no or something