Page 1 of 3
I dont know... might be a cheesy ass topic,
But lately, Whenever I listen to SRV, it just genuinely makes me sad that he had to die in such a stupid way.

I just imagine everything that he could have done in these past 21 years... gawd

The one decision, of him wanting to get back home to see his family and friends cost a great man his life, all because he had an incompetent pilot. Why does it seem like thats what always kills the great ones? inb4 ____ died from _____.

anyone else get "down" when they listen to a great who's passed on?
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Apr 12, 2011,
Michael Jackson.

hide
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Inb4 RIP Dime
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
damn... for some reason i just got done reading his crash site report, that just really tears my heart... but i couldnt stop reading
Paul McCartney....
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽

R.I.P.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Webern--shot by a US soldier who mistook his offering of a cigar as reaching for a gun.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The Rev.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by Momentosis
Michael Jackson.

hide

Don't hide. He was very talented.

As for mine:
Dio
SRV
Randy (if you need a last name, you need to leave this site now)
Janis Joplin
Steve Gaines and Ronnie Van Zandt (This one really devastated me).
Dimebag
Honestly, none. I was ecstatic when Paul Gray and "The Rev" died though. When Dio died I just thought, "Hmm, that sucks. Oh well."
Quote by CodeMonk

As for mine:
Dio
SRV
Randy (if you need a last name, you need to leave this site now)
Janis Joplin
Steve Gaines and Ronnie Van Zandt (This one really devastated me).
Dimebag

Hide is a Japanese Guitarist

Shawn Lane

Freddie Mercury
Quote by NothingRocks
Hide is a Japanese Guitarist

Shawn Lane

Freddie Mercury

Oh...

And yeah Freddie too.
John Lennon

Man....so many lost over the years.

Edit:
Mini thread hijack...
For those that you clearly remember, where were you and what were you doing when you found out about an artists death?

John Lennon : I was a cashier at McDonalds. This girl comes in who looks like she had been crying all day. I asked her if she was ok. She told me that John Lennon had been killed. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

Steve Gaines and Ronnie Van Zandt:
My friend and I used to race motocross on Friday nights. Afterwords, we would stop at 7/11 or Winchell's (donut shop). We stopped at 7/11 this night and saw the front page of the local paper telling of the plane crash.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 12, 2011,
Germany's ex-goalkeeper Robert Enke.

I remember having the darkest day of my life and heavily considering suicide. Then the next day I turn on the TV and I hear that Enke let himself get hit by a train and died. He had been suffering from depression and kept it a big secret.

I could have collapsed when I heard that. It gave me my whole life to reconsider.
Cliff Burton
Check out my Black/Death metal band!
galadh.bandcamp.com

Quote by StewieSwan
I had unprotected sex with an underage, pro-life, christian girl. Beat that.

Say Rest In Peace, dont abbreviate it makes you sound like a pantera fanboy.

i second/third/whatever SRV.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

peter steele
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
I'm really butthurt that John Lennon is dead. And Jeff Buckley, and Micheal Jackson.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
hmm... Well... I didn't listen to the Ramones when Joey, Dee Dee, and Johnny died, but Joey being dead made me quite bummed out when I did start listening to them.
So, RIP Joey, Dee Dee, Johnny!
Last edited by BlacksailsTippa at Apr 12, 2011,
RIP Dimebag
Quote by Fucking loads of people who were appeasing me in order for me to write
blues_to_thrash, you are the master of epic lulz

My Music

2K11
Freddie Mercury. George Harrison. Janis Joplin
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
Richard Wright

Like, I understand, he was old and had cancer and whatnot, but now we'll never see a Pink Floyd reunion.

But that doesn't make me as sad as Douglas Adams dying before he made the final Hitchhikers Guide. That is the most depressing thing ever.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Apr 12, 2011,
Dio
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Mike Alexander
Dio
Eyedea
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Dio's death made me legitimately sadder than I've been for any other death I've been through. I remember staying up late into the night trying to find out if it was a hoax, which it turned out to be at first. Then when he did die the next day, I listened through the Holy Diver album at least thrice, checking different news sites and hoping that it wasn't true.

I remember where I was when MJ died too. I was at this old record store, looking through their ancient cassettes and stuff, when a man came in and told the shop owner that MJ had died of a heart attack. I paid for my shit, got on my bike, and headed for home, not really believing the guy. But there it was on the news when I got back.

The story behind Chuck Schuldiner's death and Freddie's death make me sad too.
Quote by CodeMonk

no

hide was the stage name of a guitarist.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Jeff Buckley is the only one that comes to mind. He should have had the chance to pump out at least two more albums. If he'd released a less-than-stellar album after Grace at least it wouldn't have been such a waste.

It's sad that musicians die, but I don't see why I'd care more on a non-musical level than when other people die. Especially when we read about much more tragic events nearly every day.
Quote by Momentosis
Michael Jackson.

hide

No need to hide. He may have been a freak of nature in his later years, he was one of the most influential artists in history and was a straight-up musical genius.

Now for my contribution. I would have to say Dio, Dime, Dave Williams, Freddy Mercury, Cliff Burton.........so many.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
layne staley. so very much
I'M EXPRESSING MY INNER ANQUISH THROUGH THE MAJESTY OF SONG

soadamy <3

I saw it on the internet [Pit], so it must be true!

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Quote by Sewn Up
No need to hide. He may have been a freak of nature in his later years, he was one of the most influential artists in history and was a straight-up musical genius.

Now for my contribution. I would have to say Dio, Dime, Dave Williams, Freddy Mercury, Cliff Burton.........so many.

Haha its been noted like 4 times Hide was a guitarist

And hyeah the rev dying was sad too, he was so full of goofy shit in videos you'd see him in
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Apr 12, 2011,
Page 1 of 3