Hey guys

im real interested in learning some blues and also some south as in texas etc rock but i have no idear were to start .here is a link of some southern rock kinda thing i wanna learn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zelvaxvTaUk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3C5WaNIiNU i know there from a film but its just that real kinda south American sound i really love .also i would love if u could recomend a guitar that would be great for a real south American sound i was thinking les paul but maybe im wrong what do these guys play etc ?
You can play any music on any guitar, typically you tend to find Les Pauls and Telecasters but it really doesn't matter.

As far as learning the music, just go out there and do it - for southern rock I'd say start off with Creedence Clearwater Revival as their songs are pretty straightforward. You should also look at Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Neil Young's stuff with Crazy Horse, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers...I'm no expert on the genre though.

Definitely start with some CCR though because you'll be able to nail most of their songs pretty quickly, there's usually a fairly simple chord backing
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
unknown hinson has used an SG and a Tele the last times Ive seen him, and you dont get no better 'n him for southern rock.

peace love and hard liquor baby!
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Honestly, from what little I know, it sounds to me like any guitar with a moderately "hot" bridge pickup will do the trick if you know how to work with the EQ. Teles are popular because of that real "twangy" sound of the bridge pickup. But honestly, a BC Rich could work if you EQ'd it right.

As for bands, I don't really know. I'd second Steve's recommendations; they seem like as good a start as any in the genre, though I don't know it well at all.