Its getting here tomorrow, and the neck looks worn, the guy said, so im wondering if I can sand the whole neck down with some 600grit then clear over it to get that fresh maple look.

is it possible?
it really depends what the worn is. sometimes these things have a maple glaze. to make it look new as well. it is a tough call. maybe upload some pics in here once it arrives
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
we better see a post today with a picture!!!
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

When you say new what do you mean? Satin or Gloss finish? Is the lacquer is worn through to the wood?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
like my brother ordered a used mim from GC and it looks great, like fresh wood, no grime at all with a fresh finish, i guess the only way of knowing is if youve ever gotten a brand new maple neck guitar.

but it should get here within a few hours so ill post pics of my brothers and mine
I've found some Deft nitro lacquer in a spray can, and im wondering if i could sand the neck clean, then spray it with that
Quote by SKArface McDank
I've found some Deft nitro lacquer in a spray can, and im wondering if i could sand the neck clean, then spray it with that

first and foremost thanks for the pics. i love that look but i know you arent going for that. so yes you can sand it and spray it but im not really convinced that is going to make it look new. it looks like some of the wear/damage is down to the main fretboard. there are several layers of poly on these necks. it will take a good amount of sanding and work to get this back to normal.

just did a quick search seems like there are several tutorials out there. i dont think you are going to hide the little one on the middle of the fretboard but i think sanding with a high grit sandpaper wet (minimum 220+) where it meets the body will be able to minimize that look. re-spraying with poly though is tricky and a lot of work