I bought an Ibanez off Craiglist a couple of months ago and am thinking of replacing the pickups on it. I'd start with the neck one first (INF3). I'm looking at the GFS PAF ones as seen here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GFS-Crunchy-Pat-High-Output-PAF-Neck-Pickup-H01-/400063462272?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5d25a3fb80

My question is, would this be an improvement? This is my first electric and don't want to spend a ton of money to upgrade a "cheap" guitar. I'm looking for a versatile sound, doesn't have to do any one thing great. I have a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp.
It's really not going to make an awful lot of difference with the Spider, besides the stock pickups are already versatile.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
although it wont make much difference on the spider, I did find it infinitely easier to pull pinch harmonics after swapping the bridge pup on mine. It sounded a bit better on the cleans too, at least to my taste. A fat bottom tone with clarity in the upper end, even on my crappy vypyr.

it was a different pickup (super distortion) but its just an example.
Anxiously Anticipating An Attractive ADA-MP1 Addition!
Id go for it. Ive been thinking about doing the same thing to my 321. I use a roland cube 60 and my washburn with a Seymour duncan JB in the bridge and 59 in the neck sounds much much better. The infinity pickups are muddy and lack any clarity imo.
Dr. Arterial recommends a Line6 replacement to sustain longer lifespan of musical beauty.