Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
No, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was brilliant. He wasn't a technical player, by any means. The way he held his fretting hand would make most classically-trained players cringe. But that was all part of his style. even though he didn't play with technical precision like Vai or Satriani, he was a great musician and guitarist. His lines could be sloppy, often done on purpose, depending on the sound and emotion he wanted to convey.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
No, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was brilliant. He wasn't a technical player, by any means. The way he held his fretting hand would make most classically-trained players cringe. But that was all part of his style. even though he didn't play with technical precision like Vai or Satriani, he was a great musician and guitarist. His lines could be sloppy, often done on purpose, depending on the sound and emotion he wanted to convey.

Pretty much this. However he did was able to play very difficult things with this "terrible" technique. And for rock, classical technique isn't needed.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
he was like a blind man walking around in a new house. after awhile of being there and having no one tell him anything or where anything was. He got used to it, and developed a six sense and knew where everything was without having to see it.
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
That's more to do with theory^
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by JammerZice
He could play with his teeth...

i'm really wondering
about this can anyone
else do it,
or anyone on ug do it
cause i can do it
very well in fact
not to brag
but i think it's a lost art form
that never was or ever will be an art form
but really can anyone else do it
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
In his time, he was considered technical compared to the other guitar heroes. Not so much if you compatre him to modern masters like Vai or Yngwie
Quote by tortilla
i'm really wondering
about this can anyone
else do it,
or anyone on ug do it
cause i can do it
very well in fact
not to brag

What's with the poem?

And yeah I could if I wanted to, but I don't like showing off.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by tortilla
i'm really wondering
about this can anyone
else do it,
or anyone on ug do it
cause i can do it
very well in fact
not to brag

Yeah, Jimi showed off a bit with this teeth playin' but at least he isn't like Bob Dylan singing "Tangled up in blue" with cocaine all over his face.
HARE KRISHNA!
jimi was the man, that's all you need to know
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
I pick up my axe, and fight like a farmer. But you still blast me down, to the ground.

He played freakish blues, he. played.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by JammerZice
Yeah, Jimi showed off a bit with this teeth playin' but at least he isn't like Bob Dylan singing "Tangled up in blue" with cocaine all over his face.

actually i heard jimi say himself
that he came up with the idea
when he was working as a session
musion touring around the south
and when he was in one place
i forget where, but he said that it was
a relly tough audience so you had to play
with your teeth "or else you'd get shot"
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Honestly, it seems like he just wailed on the strings and did some slides and everyone loved it. Then he died and became a legend.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Special C-7 FR
Peavey Vyper 60W Tube
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by tortilla
actually i heard jimi say himself
that he came up with the idea
when he was working as a session
musion touring around the south
and when he was in one place
i forget where, but he said that it was
a relly tough audience so you had to play
with your teeth "or else you'd get shot"

thats true but its not why he started doing it, it was already one of his party tricks by this time. One of his childhood friends taught him, it was one of the earlier things he learned to do on guitar.
Quote by celestialelixir
Honestly, it seems like he just wailed on the strings and did some slides and everyone loved it. Then he died and became a legend.

Yea, he's only considered to be one of the best because he died

Nothing to do with writing great songs and completely changing what people though you could do with a guitar. His real magic came in the studio. I'm not a huge fan of his live playing, but the three studio albums he recorded are absolute masterpieces. He saw the recording studio as an instrument in itself.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.