Hey,

I am wondering where is the best place to put the Decimator...

Currently i got it like this:

Guitar > Pedals > ISP > Amp.

But if i buy delay pedal it will be in my effects loop, so should i add a second ISP to my effects loop or move the ISP to the effects loop ?

Kinda confused as to where is the best place.

Hope you can help.
i find that putting the isp in front helps to cut back feedback, which is why i use mine. putting it in the loop helps cut back on amp noise/fuzz/white noise. so place the isp according to that and you should be fine
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah you've got it in the right place so no need to worry, you shouldn't need another one in the FX loop anyway unless your amp creates alot of noise.

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Well, unless you want the Decimator to prematurely cut off your delay, you should put the delay after. Right now I'm currently running, post guitar, OD-->fuzz-->another fuzz-->Decimator-->phaser-->delay-->amp. Putting it there takes away the hiss and uncontrollable feedback (with how I set the Deci, anyways) from the dirt, and lets that controlled signal get the modulation.

Upgrading to a G-String would be the best of both worlds for you, considered that as an option?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Well, unless you want the Decimator to prematurely cut off your delay, you should put the delay after. Right now I'm currently running, post guitar, OD-->fuzz-->another fuzz-->Decimator-->phaser-->delay-->amp. Putting it there takes away the hiss and uncontrollable feedback (with how I set the Deci, anyways) from the dirt, and lets that controlled signal get the modulation.

Upgrading to a G-String would be the best of both worlds for you, considered that as an option?

So you don't even use a loop ?

And i didn't even know about the Gstring until after i bought the ISP so its bit late now !

But sounds like i might not need it in the loop ... although i have 6505 combo which are quite noisy ! Shall have to find out when i test my soudns out if i need another ISP or not.
i have a 6505+ and i run mine in the loop. cuts EVERYTHING. no feedback, no hiss, just dead quiet. I dont run a delay but i did have one after my isp for a few days, and it worked fine. I dont use the delay often at all tho.

if you gig i put it in the loop without a second guess. Had mine up to 4-5 volume and it was dead silent.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
If you have a 6505 you'll definitely need to run it in the loop.

Personally I just use a Boss NS-2, so I can run it in front and in the loop at the same time. It's the best option out there, economically. If you have the cash though, the G String is the best noise gate, hands down.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by thefollower
So you don't even use a loop ?

And i didn't even know about the Gstring until after i bought the ISP so its bit late now !

But sounds like i might not need it in the loop ... although i have 6505 combo which are quite noisy ! Shall have to find out when i test my soudns out if i need another ISP or not.

Not at current, no.

And it's hardly too late. You can save up some, then sell the regular for the rest. Or trade it in and put that credit towards the G-String.

And I concur with the others about putting in your loop since you have 6505. Just put the delay after it in the loop.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣