Page 1 of 2
Ok so... I'm not wanting an argument about why I don't like screaming, I'd just like an answer to the question.

What BTBAM songs have vocals that are mainly sung and not screamed? I love BTBAM's music, and when Tommy sings. He's got a great voice in my opinion, but I'm just not a fan of screaming.
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
Desert of Song, Mirrors, part of Fossil Genera. There's a fair amount of clean vocals on The Great Misdirect.

I'd say Tommy growls more than screams, anyways. When I think "screaming", I think stuff like the harsh vocal style that The Dillenger Escape Plan uses.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Apr 12, 2011,
How can OP request such a thing? Screaming in BTBAM songs is always relevant. ALWAYS.

>_>
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
This is one of the many, many reasons there is a BTBAM thread in the Hardcore forum.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Todd Hart
Protest the Hero.

That is all.

Rody screams though...well used to anyways there's like...one growl on all of Scurrilous.

Bitch shit.
Viridian off of the album Colors.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by blake1221
Rody screams though...well used to anyways there's like...one growl on all of Scurrilous.

Bitch shit.

I like Scurrilous though. I always liked how Rody used harsh vocals as an accent rather than all the time like other band of the genre.
Yeah, but he's nEver been excessive, and Kezia and Fortress have a very good balance of clean/dirty.

Scurrilous is just void of it for the most part.
Quote by blake1221
Yeah, but he's nEver been excessive, and Kezia and Fortress have a very good balance of clean/dirty.

Scurrilous is just void of it for the most part.

Which is why PTH > BTBAM.

*canofworms.jpg*
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Dude, buy his solo album Pulse. It's almost all clean vocals. And I agree his clean voice is sick, but I love the screaming too.

EDIT: Most of the music isn't really BTBAM-esque, but it's still a great album.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Apr 12, 2011,
Quote by theogonia777
Viridian off of the album Colors.

This, but to be fair, that song doesn't have any vocals at all.
pinga
Quote by Todd Hart
Which is why PTH > BTBAM.

Thank god someone said it...
CoB>FoB
"I am just a man, with a heart and sinful hands"

Gear:
Washburn Idol WI68
Washburn x-series floyd rose
Full stack Laney
other shitty amps/pedals/guitars
M-audio Interface
Quote by Cb4rabid
PTH reminds me of a watered-down BTBAM.

+2
My Gear:

ESP MH-201

Marshall 100watt JVM410C+Marshall Plexi 1959SLP Head

Line6 POD UX2+Farm

Shitty Yamaha acoustic from Costco bought 6 years ago.
At least BTBAM's newest album isn't shit (unlike Scurrilous).

Also, there is BTBAM forum. But check out Desert of Song, Mirrors, Foam Born (A) The Backtrack. You'd be better off getting Pulse, Tommy's solo album. Also, there is an instrumental version of Alaska.
i know you say you don't like screaming, but considering you like both the music and the singing in btbam's music, i would suggest actually listening to the growling...eventually it'll grow on you.

their new EP has a fair bit of singing on it, probably more so than their other albums. Check out Specular Reflection and Lunar Wilderness.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Todd Hart
Protest the Hero.

That is all.

Quote by FrauVfromPoB
I like Scurrilous

Quote by Todd Hart
PTH > BTBAM.

Quote by blake1221
I certainly find that agreeable

Quote by steve98614
Thank god someone said it...

Quote by blake1221
Scurrilous.

Bitch shit.

Quote by Cb4rabid
PTH reminds me of a watered-down BTBAM.

Quote by sloppyjoe24
+1

Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
In time you will start liking the growling, and then you will realize what you have been missing out on. A new world will open up to you, like when Alice got lost in the sphincter known as Wonderland. Your eyes will dilate and your mouth muscles will be concreted into a joyous smile. It is then that you will find true joy.

There isn't much to choose from when it comes to singing BTBAM songs. Most of the good stuff is embedded in the orgasmic-esque screaming.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Nobody mentioned (Shevanel take 2)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfJ5gzE0v-U

That's Paul Waggoner singing, not Tommy
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by jwizzle5786
At least BTBAM's newest album isn't shit (unlike Scurrilous).

Also, there is BTBAM forum. But check out Desert of Song, Mirrors, Foam Born (A) The Backtrack. You'd be better off getting Pulse, Tommy's solo album. Also, there is an instrumental version of Alaska.

shut your ***** mouth!

most people probably listened to it once and hated it. but after a few listens its a great album.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Waterboy799
That's Paul Waggoner singing, not Tommy

So?
Still a BTBAM song with no screaming.

Desert of Song is mainly Paul too.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
shut your ***** mouth!

most people probably listened to it once and hated it. but after a few listens its a great album.

You're winning, too.
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
Quote by Sinister Waffle
shut your ***** mouth!

I've listened to it about ten times (some songs less, other songs more). It gets worse with each listen. Termites and C'est La Vie are the only good songs.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
So?
Still a BTBAM song with no screaming.

Desert of Song is mainly Paul too.

Just the first verse

Edit: Scurrilous was a disappointment. Memorable melodies are almost completely absent.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 12, 2011,
Quote by jwizzle5786
I've listened to it about ten times (some songs less, other songs more). It gets worse with each listen. Termites and C'est La Vie are the only good songs.

Everyone has their own opinion, but you probably picked the two worst songs. I'm going to stop here, before myself and others pick you apart.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Always liked Protest more than BTBAM. Yeah they have loads of moments on Colours and stuff like Ad a doughnut, Mordecai, Alaska and Selkies, but prefer Protest like fourfold more.
DANK MEMES
Let me guess, you like Sex Tapes, no?

No one is going to pick me apart. I've stated my opinion time and time again in the Protest thread. People agreed with what I said.

EDIT: How can the album be called Colours? It says Colors on the album cover.
BTBAM = [PTH + BTBAM/(Colors - Fortress) + Scurrilous/BTBAM]TGM

Math is a really cool thing
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by jwizzle5786
Let me guess, you like Sex Tapes, no?

No one is going to pick me apart. I've stated my opinion time and time again in the Protest thread. People agreed with what I said.

EDIT: How can the album be called Colours? It says Colors on the album cover.

It has one of the funnest guitar riffs, why not and the story behind it is intresting.

I don't care if elitists argee with you, you still stated you opinion as if it were fact by calling it shit.
You belong in a museum.

Quote by StewieSwan
Just the first verse

Edit: Scurrilous was a disappointment. Memorable melodies are almost completely absent.

First verse and most of the rest since he does those epic vocal harmonies with Tommy.

This turned into a PtH vs BtBaM thread?
Someone should add THA for shits and giggles.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
It has one of the funnest guitar riffs, why not and the story behind it is intresting.

I don't care if elitists argee with you, you still stated you opinion as if it were fact by calling it shit.

And you stated yours as fact by calling it great.

I thought it was obvious we were discussing opinions. I don't like Scurrilous, it's bland and has been one of the biggest disappointments recently, and I won't rest until I vent enough of my displeasure with the album.
PTH and BTBAM = Apples to Oranges.

OT: By not liking screaming/yelling/growling you are missing out on quite alot of good music. Start off with less harsh songs that involve screaming and move your way up to the scary scary.
Page 1 of 2