Hello UG

Me and my bandmates are building a stage out at one of their grandmas (prepares for being made fun of in the comments). The land is relatively flat in our area (corn, corn everywhere) and what im wondering is do we need to make a booth for the guy running the mixer, effects, ect.
Also any tips for mixing, acoustics, building in general (we have plenty of supplies including concrete blocks and wood), and live show presence/performance
I would build like a gate around the dude controling things.... even if they are essentially just a few bike racks around him. he's not in the band so he should be made much safer than anyone in the band (but no you don't need to, just a suggestion).

besides that just go at it like you would any other diy project.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
I would definately ive the guy his own space. a rope around the sound board something.

run the wires from the mics and whatnot from a pole by the stage to a pole by the soundguy and down over everyones heads to get cables to him.

if your out in a field there aren't really much in the way of acoustics. (not sure if your talking about room acoustics or acoustic instruments)

measure twice cut once
no sir away a papaya war is on
Unless you are putting on some sort of Woodstockian tribute, you can just have the mixer stuff on stage with you, off to the side.

Don't cheese out on your construction, especially the stage flooring. You don't want someone bouncing around in the heat of the moment and crashing through for a blood spewing compound fracture of the leg/ankle. Get some advice from someone who is construction savvy.

Sounds like fun.
Quote by the_perdestrian
measure twice cut once

oh man I always thought it was measure once and cut twice ....

anyways this guy totally has the right advice and also listen to the other guy too cuz you really don't want anyone getting hurt!
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Quote by cheapr2keepr
Unless you are putting on some sort of Woodstockian tribute, you can just have the mixer stuff on stage with you, off to the side.

Don't cheese out on your construction, especially the stage flooring. You don't want someone bouncing around in the heat of the moment and crashing through for a blood spewing compound fracture of the leg/ankle. Get some advice from someone who is construction savvy.

Sounds like fun.

The mixer will do better out in the crowd. You want your sound guy hearing what the crowds hearing, you already know what it sounds like onstage there's no point in him hearing it too.
what you need to do is build a hugeeeeeee fenced in area and charge people 5 bucks or some kind of entrance fee.

Ive played many shows where all my shit is set up on the floor of a garage or on some random piece of plywood in the grass